Threatened miscarriage

Sali2012

Reaction score
I did a pregnancy test on Christmas day and it was positive after having missed my period for over a week! Day after I started getting light pink discharge (very slightly) and then changed to dark brown and today it seems more like very slight bleeding (not having to wear a pad).. It's very light only can see it when I wipe myself (so sorry for the details) at first I didn't think much and thought might be implantation bleeding but it's been nearly a week. Just wanted to know if anyone else had similar experience and how did they get on? I'm also getting bad back pains as well no cramps though... When I lay down it slows down but when I walk about it gets more frequent...! I went A&E yesterday (Monday) and they checked me for ectopic pregnancy and that's all cleared. Asked me to go to a different hospital. I went back to hospital today and they checked my urine and blood pressure and saw a dr but they told me go back on Friday for a scan and in the meantime complete bed rest... She said that the bleeding isnt that heavy and the urine test result is positive. She said that it's called ''threatened miscarriage''... Has anyone experienced this? Any stories or anything would be appreciated as I am worried sick!! Thank you xx Thank you everyone - would appreciate someone's advise or similar experience....

I had this about the same time, it's normal, can just be implantation and/or a bit of old blood from what would have been your period. try not to worry too much x

I was in same position at 6 weeks and went a n e had bloods and a urine test which was all good, doctor gave me an internal and my cervix was still closed and then said its a threatened miscarriage. Went for a scan 5 days later and there was bean with a slight flicker of a heartbeat and wne tback at 8 weeks and baby had grown.
Hope that's some help for you x

The testing and the results from the hospitals all sound positive, take some reassurance from that and rest rest rest! Its prob some spotting from what would have been your normal period, it can take a little while for the pregnancy hormones to become fully established. Fingers crosssed that everything will be fine. Ley us know how you get on on Friday x

Thank you guys for sharing your stories and for the reassurance... My husband has been very positive but I can't help worrying myself to death. I will update you all on Friday. Thanks again xx

you will worry its normal but try and relax as much as you can xxxx

Hope all goes well on Friday hun :hugs: x x

Hope everything is ok x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi every one... I went for my scan today which was an internal scan. Unfortunately they weren't able to see anything apart from gestational sac measuring 4.5mm, no yolk sac and no embryo! According to my LMP I should be 7 weeks and 3 days today. They've asked me to come back in 2 weeks for another scan, agonising waiting game and in the meantime Ill be going crazy! They still haven't done any bood test to check HCG level? There is a possibility that I'm less than 7 weeks, she reckoned it looked more like a 4-5 week but im so sure about my LMP dates not sure how that can be possible! Oh well let's see what happens. Thank you all for the support xx

on another note if anyone is worried about an internal transvaginal scan, it's not at all painful.

Aw hun I hope that its just a slow starter and that in 2 weeks there'll be a bit more to see! Xx

Well they havent said No for starters so theres always that hope and fx for you that it is your dates you got wrong.
Im also a bit up in the air about my dates and im nearly half way through, for my due date from my 8 week scan i should be due on the 6th june last having a period around the 30th august where i know for a fact that i was on my period on the 26th. Its all so confusing x

Its to do with when you ovulated and when the egg implanted and that sways it by up to two weeks ladies :S x Its strange how the lady system works down there. Hope its all ok for you x

Yea I agree... Let's hope that's what it is and I don't have to face disappointment! Thanks xx

Sorry you have to go through the wait. I have been there and know it isn't nice. Thinking of you and hope you get good news. x

Really hope its just that your dates are wrong, I was thinking the same as misscrazycooki. My dates with DD were changed by a week at my scan. Fx for you hun, hope the next 2 weeks fly by :hugs: x x

Dear all, just wanted to update you guys and get some advice... My bleeding is slowing down a lot since yesterday and at times today I've been to the toilet and there has been "no blood"! Is that a good sign or does it mean that ive already miscarried? Is there any hope left for me? Is it worth doing a preg test? My next scan is in two weeks time. Thank you ..... xx

Do a preg test just for your own piece of mind.
The next 2 weeks will be a long wait.
Just remember though that in pregnancy, u get to a point where ur hcg levels are too high to show up on a test. Good luck hun x

defo do a test, 2 weeks is sooo far away can you not ask to get done sooner x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back