Scared!! Please reassure me!

Sarah01

Reaction score
Yesterday evening I started bleeding, I had a strong cramp, then an hour later passed a clot (the size of a baked bean), then mild cramps and light (bronwy pink) blood, REALLY light.. only when I wiped, none in my undies. I went to a&e, saw a dr, she said it could be a miscarriage but it could also be lots of other things. She's referred me for a scan today at 13:45. the bleeding stopped over night, but this morning it's back again, really light, not even as heavy as the last dregs of a period, and it's totally brown now, no pink...

I am 7+6, had anyone had this and been OK? I'm preparing for the worst but also wanting to hope for something more positive... Please, any one who's been there??

Thanks

The thing that's scaring me most is the clot, has anyone passed a clot and not lost the baby???

Hey hun,
I have been through a similar thing over the weekend. Had some brown spotting and light cramps and been sick woth worry as I had a MC in april.
Booked in for anearly 8weeks scan today at 12 but as u say, its so concerning.
At 8weeks when I had my last miscarraige the clot was much much bigger than a baked bean, it was more like a lemon as it was the yolk sack I passed with the bea inside. Be hopeful, it could just be a small clot. Keep me informed of what happens, its an awful time especially when its something u want soooo much.
So annoying when ur body does things u dnt want it to!! Grrrrr! Xxx

hi hun, really have no experience on this but didnt want to read and run...but just wanted to let you know that i am sure some of the girls on here will be able to give you their words of wisdom until then babe take it easy put your feet up and rest as much as possible i am sure the girls will respond shortly i will say a prayer for you and be thinking of you...xxxx

Thank you ladies, I just spoke to my OH's cousin and she lost a few clots at about 8 weeks and had spotting/cramping and she's now a proud mother of a one year old baby girl so I guess there is hope.

The blood being brown is really a good sign, right? xxx

yep brown isnt really a cause for concern, i hope all goes ok today xx

Hope it goes ok hun. Thinking of you.

Xxxx

Cant offer you much advice hun but just wanted to wish you luck. I would take it as a good sign that there is no more fresh blood or cramping... brown blood is old blood. There are lots of reasons for bleeding during pregnancy and it could just be one of those things... hopefully it is in your case!
Best of luck hun and Im sure you will be fine xxxx

Thinking of you Hun xxx I had a bit of bleeding but turned out to be A kidney infection. So there could possibly be another Cause for it. Old blood is brown blood and they said not to worry about that when I went x

I'm back and they said baby is FINE. Heart beat, sack, etc. all present and normal and baby is very active moving about a lot. I'm still cramping and having weird sensations on my cervix but the Dr said it's normal and caused by hormones. They don't know what caused the bleed but said not to worry about it and carry on as normal. I am to go back if it starts again but other than that just continue as normal! :D

Thanks all for the support I am SO relieved. I cried when I saw the screen and they said baby was healthy and alive :D xxx

Yey!!! Woo hoo!! Another hearbeat in the bag. Lovely seeing it is'nt it. I can wait for the next one now and i only had mine a week ago. I will feel so much better at my 12 wk scan. roll on 4/5 weeks!!

So happy for you hun xx

Aww soooo happ for you, Just cried reading your post( damn hormones lol) so can imagin how you were in the room xxx

yey great news hun.....did think of you today and so pleased for you well done!!!!! xx

Oh bless - thank goodness all is ok!!

I had a a 'clotty' bleed at almost 8 weeks, scan revealed all was well too.

Awww brill Sarah thank god!!!!! Great news!!!! When is ur next scan...in 2 wks or 4 - they have offered me another in 2 weeks, so im not worrying for another full month x

Thanks everyone. Not heard when next scan will be yet but will hopefully speak to midwife this week and find out. I'm still in shock that all is OK really and it feels so real now because we've seen him/her on the scan. thanks for all the nice messages xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back