Advice please - Threatened miscarriage

KeLe101

Reaction score
Hi all

I went to the docs on Monday and told him about my bfp's followed by slightly fainter pregnancy tests and bleeding. He said I could still be pregnant and made me take a urine sample. I got the results of the urine sample today and it's positive, but the urine was from Monday (I've been bleeding since Saturday). I went to see him this afternoon and he said I could be having a threatened miscarriage and I have been advised to rest. He didn't even consider a chemical pregnancy?

I took another preg test this afternoon and it was a faint positive. I have sore boobs, period pains (am having a light period) and am tired but I have no sickness or other symptoms. Would the line on my preg result be much darker by now - my first bfp was a week ago. Is it just hormones still in my body causing the positives and if so, when will it go? I am going away for the weekend on Friday and it's my 30th next week, so I need to know if I am pregnant so I know if it is safe for me to drink or not!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Kelly

Do you have an early pregnancy unit near you? If not go to A&E if you have had a positive test and are bleeding they will scan you to see whats happening.
Im sorry you are going through this :hug: :hug:

id ask for a blood test if they cant scan you just yet and they can see if your hormones are doubleing every 2-3 days or not
good luck hun :hug:

I agree with Sara you need to have a scan asap to tell you what is going on! I really wish you positive news :pray:

I would ask for a blood test to confirm HCG levels, im surprised the doctor never offered you this

Hope all turns out well. If i was you while i was still getting symptoms and BFP's i would steer clear of the alchohol :hug: :hug:

Ring early preg unit. I would have thought doc would have booked you a scan. Bleeding is very common in early pregnancy. I bled heavily for nearly 14 weeks and had a healthy baby.

Thanks for the replies - the doctor did say he could arrange a scan but as I am barely 4 weeks, it would be too soon to see anything. He said I would need to be 6 weeks before he could do this. It's rubbish not knowing, but I am going to stay off the alcohol until I know one way or another. I just wish my pregnancy test line would either get dark or disappear and then I would have a better idea! Why is it so hard?!!

Hi kele, it sounds like what i went through. Unfortunately mine didnt turn out good but that doesnt mean it will go the same way for you.
I was in total turmoil, i just wanted to know one way or the other what the outcome was going to be - unfortunatly no one can tell you what's going to happen and it's all a waiting game.
Only regular hcg tests right now can give you some idea - even poas testing isnt really going to tell you much.
If you can handle it I kept notes on my blog of what happened to me july/august, what i learned in the end was to not fight whatever was happeing as i couldnt change anything, and that realisation helped me in the end. :hug:

:hug: aww hun so sorry about all this for you i hope it all turns out ok in the end xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I remember when I started bleeding at 6-7 weeks and was terrified.
I went to the doctors who called an ambulance as I nearly fainted but when I got there they checked my cervix which was closed and then sent me for a scan whick came bac fine so it does not always mean the worst sweetie.

Did they check your cerix?
If not get them to hun.

All the best xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks so much Morganuk :hug: They didn't check my cervix, but the bleeding has stopped now and I am still getting positive preg tests so I am just waiting to see what shows up when they do a scan at 6 weeks. It's rubbish not knowing if it's all going ok or not, I just wish I knew one way or another!! :hug: :hug:

Kelly xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back