Is it a miscarriage or am i pregnant!!!!

claireh555

Reaction score
This is confusing, but heres the story.

I recently had my period lasting 7 days, normally about 5 but only difference was that is was lighter. No period pain nor cramps... all is well. However about 1 1/2 weeks later i started to get backpain which i never do straight after a period. 3 days later when i went to the toilet, after wiping, there was a light pinkish blood stain on the tissue, only a tiny amount. Thought is was strange. The day after it happened again. I took a pregnancy test as something was telling me to take one. Never thought it would come back postive because i just had a period. I was so shocked when it came back postive.

I did another 2 test throughtout the day and they both came back postive, then a clearblue digital one and it came up 3+ weeks, which means that its 5 weeks because the doctors count from the beginning of the last period. I was so confused, how can i have a period then get a postive test. The same day i went the doctors, the only suggestion for the bleeding was a miscarriage. I am still getting backpain and spotting, still light pink and brown but isn't heavy. Breast feel full and stomach slightly bloated. Iv had two blood test to check the Hcg levels, The first has come back at 2087, I think i could be around 6 weeks. However if the levels drop when i get my next result, then it is a miscarriage, if doubles then i am still pregnant. It is so hard and confusing to figure out the difference between a miscarriage and pregnancy(implementation bleeding) The doctors said its very rare to bleed during pregnancy, but i have read so many stories that woman do. Has anyone experinced anything like this, as the doctors said my condition was rare. I worry that 2089 hcg level is too low at 6 weeks and did infact loose it at 4 weeks but was a silent miscarriage as i never experienced pain. I am still getting postive test but i know it can take time for the hormone levels to come back down.

I haven't expierienced it, but its possible to have a light period instead of a missed period, my sister did with her first. Its very rare, but some women have them throughout their pregnancies. Until you've got your test results back, its difficult to say whether you are or not, but i would have thought that they wouldn't be so high if you had had a miscarriage when you had your period. Other people may know differently

Alot of people still have periods while pregnant hun and my doctor told me its common for bleeding during pregnancy!! Try not to worry, best thing you could do is ask for an ultrasound scan? i had some bleeding between 4 and a half weeks - about 6 weeks , and my hcg levels were still rising! got another ultrasound scan tomorrow to see whats goin on but ive been having the sickness symptoms etc, try and stay positive but i'd push for An ultrasound!! xx

There's lots of women on here who have had bleeding but didn't miscarry, it seems quite common, although must be very worrying. If your still getting pos test results and pregnancy symptoms sounds like there is a good chance your pregnant. Fx for your next hcg results doubling, how long do you need to wait?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back