Those of you TTC with MF infertility

Jen79

Reaction score
My oh and I have a 2 year old girl and have been ttc no2 for almost 2 years. We had a mc 3 months before our daughter and also one a year ago. Both times no baby developed. We have just had our second appt at the fertility clinic to get our test results (bloods, HSG and SA) and basically I may or may not have a blocked tube (other is fine though) and my bloods are fine for egg quality etc. My progesterone is all normal too. What really has worried me though was OH SA result. It came back as normal count but only 30% motility and 0% normal morphology. What on earth does this mean?! The doc said that we shouldnt worry as its likely we can have another child as we have done it once, and he is to have his SA done again in April, I have a laparoscopy at end of March. It all feels like its just not going to happen now, for you whos partners have MF infertility do you know what my hubbys results mean? To me this is not good at all but am I being stupid? The doc says the next sample may be fine. What were your partners results like and has anyone had a marked change in the second analysis? Any advice would be much appreciated as I cant seem to find out a lot on the internet except to say that this does not appear to be normal.

Hi Jen

Although that is not a normal result, you cant really rely on just one sperm test. The result can change all the time and you usually need to have 2 or 3 done before a problem is confirmed. So at the moment, although you are probably very worried, i would wait to see what the next test is like before panicking.

The morphology is the amount of normal looking sperm i think. But sperm takes around 3 months to develop so maybe something 3 months before the test affected the result, an illness for example.

I dont have any good news story to tell as 3 out of 4 of my DH's test came back with awful results. Our problem is low count though. But there are plenty of people who have had an improvement in subsequent tests. Dont lose hope just yet. :hug: :hug: :hug: The fact that you have managed to get pregnant before is also a good sign.

I hope April brings good news.

Michelle x

Thanks, I am just going try to forget about it all till next appt.

I'll find out for you at my next appointment at the clinic as OH goes for his 2nd SA test soon. The first one was awful i think he had low mophology low mortility and low sperm count! :roll: He had 15% of medium strength sperm, 0% strong sperm and 75% low strength sperm, the overall count was 6 million (normal is 20 million and anything less than that is not good) Hmmm... and we were told we would not be able to conceive naturally. We are at a clinic in Holland now as we have moved so we will see what the next test says!

Thanks sammy, good luck with your treatment x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back