this has freaked me out.......dont read if easily freaked

i have those dreams to i just left a post for libs read the post "skairdy" lol its so cool.

Loola said:
My friends little girl has a visitor. My friend has seen her too, she thinks of her as the 'Nanny' its like she goes and checks on her son and then on her daughter then walks downstairs. This happens every night. She doesnt think of it as a nasty spirit but as a protective soul. Which is nice. Dont know if Id handle it so well!

When I was little, my parents thought I had an imaginary friend. I can remember this clearly, her name was Nelly Hebston, and she had reddish brown hair in ringlets and she wore a white frilly dress and frilly socks, unlike any other dress I had seen. She would sit at the end of my bed and talk to me. It was only about 5 years ago at my mothers 60th birthday that for some reason she came up, and as I described her, I saw my brothers face turn white. He had seen the same little girl standing at the top of our stairs on a few occassions but had never mentioned it for fear of ridicule.

My mum was very spooked by this and so she looked into the history of her house. It seems that the house had been built on top of a cottage (the cottage was the cellar) and there was a little girl that lived there called Nelly who died at the age of 4 from TB in 1897. In retrospect I now know that the clothes she wore were Victorian as was her hairstyle - I could never have known that at the age of 3. Very spooky indeed!

Was her name in fact Nelly Evans, but you had her mixed up with a school teacher?

hi kitty, no it wasnt her that asked if the baby magic had worked yet :think: dont know who it was, we dont talk about ttc when the girls are about either, they know that one day they will have a brother or sister, they do ask now and then when i will get another baby in my tummy and they know its daddy that needs to put it there :think: :think: i asked her again this morning i tried to make a joke about it as if it wasnt a big deal as i think my reaction last night may have upset her as i kept asking her questions about it, anyway she said again it was a lady that was talking to her and she didnt know the lady but the the lady thats why she didnt want to talk to her. who now what goes on in little minds, it could have been anything.

Kittykins said:
:rotfl: Babydust, was it you whose daughter asked the other day if the 'baby magic' had worked yet? Can't remember who posted that... but if it was, then clearly babies are on her mind, so I wouldn't get too spooked about it. My neighbour's daughter is 4 and talks a lot to herself, but gets really embarrassed if anyone catches her at it. She also keeps asking me if I have a baby in my tummy yet - and no, we haven't told her (or her parents, for that matter!) that we're TTC! It's just that lots of her little friends at nursery school have pregnant mothers or baby siblings, and she's very curious about babies. Could be something similar with your daughter - maybe she wants (or doesn't want!) a baby brother or sister, and thinks they come from a shop. She's heard you ordering things over the phone, so has play-acted the lady from the baby shop phoning up and saying the baby isn't ready yet...

Obviously I don't know - but I'd guess that's as likely a scenario as a visitation from a ghost. I wouldn't freak too much, but it might be worth trying to find out why your daughter was upset - was it because of 'the lady' or was it because of 'the baby'? Is she worried that you'll have a baby and stop paying her attention? That's good enough reason to cry, in my eyes! Or maybe she's upset because she knows you want one, and it's not here yet - and her daddy's been to the doctor's and was worried, and mummy's been anxious and stressed too, and she's picked up on that, and put 2 and 2 together, blaming the absent baby? Maybe your daughter just needs some reassurance - not about ghosts but about your love for her!

jemz24 said:
i have those dreams to i just left a post for libs read the post "skairdy" lol its so cool.

oooo haven't read that yet - will read in 1 min

I used to have an imaginary friend called "Little man" - I never knew until I had Josh and called him "little man" on the day he was born and freaked my mum out.

My sister also had a visit from my sister this year when she was pregnant - she described a little girl to my mum - and described some unusual facial injuries (not horrible - healed) She'd never met my sister as she wasn't born and only my mum and dad knew about my sisters facial injuries (she died as a baby and they never told anyone that the tubes in her nose had ripped her nose open as she was so tiny - they thought it to distressing for anyone else to hear) She described the little girl as familiar (she was an identical twin to my other sister) and described several things only mum and dad knew - she said she felt the little girl was just checking on her and after checking she was ok my sister just went asleep :shock:

:shock: :shock: i cant beleive some of these stories :shock: i kind of do beleive in spirits but i get so freaked out. libs thats amazing about your sister, i do beleive that young children and pregnant women have a special sight.
the stories are really good, but im not sure now if this should stay in ttc or be moved, the mods can decide :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back