really freaked out by what my DD said last night

I realise I sound like I'm contradicting myself so just wanted to clarify. I have no problem in teaching small children about anatomy, periods, puberty etc. But I do have a problem with people teaching children about sex or allowing them to be exposed to inappropriate films etc. With regard to my brother and sil, they taught their four year old daughter that babies are.made when a mans sperm fertilises a woman's egg. I think its far too much for small children to understand and leads onto other questions.

Sex ed in primary school focuses more on puberty and right now there are girls of 9 or 10 starting puberty so it's not really something that can be left til they are older.

I'm also with RM on the need to 'teach' about same sex relationships etc to foster tolerance and acceptance.

I think as much as it is 'unusual' and a little shocking to hear a young child come out with penis or vagina (actually the area is your vulva, the vagina is just one part but anyway...) it makes more sense and I'd rather they were taught the correct names than crazy nicknames like Tuppence or Fairy etc.

Up here in Scotland some schools are rolling out sexual education earlier and safety precautions in case of abuse. Theres somehing called like The Pants Scheme or something basically to raise awarenss that no one should be in those private areas regardless of relationships. Which is a good thing since some of "trusted figures" in schools, nurseries have been found out as abusers. Which is another reason for correct names. No confusion or manipulation and just because thats what the body part is regardless of wheher its appropriate or not. Lets just rename our toes to twinkles :lol:

I do strongly agree with same sex, trans relationships being in schools because parents are embracing trans youger and with more education it can only make people perhaps understanding and accepting. It seems some older figures cant seem to fathom trans genders all people seem to be concerned about are primary genitals.

Attached the nspcc link for PANTS scheme, we teach in our primary schools.

https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/

xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27