Freaked out!

GoldenDragon

Reaction score
I went food shopping with my OH and we were in the supermarket and there was a woman pushing a pram. I peeked in and aww'd (as you do) and she turned to me and smiled. Then we had the mini conversation, I asked what her son's name was and everything and so on. She asked if I was expecting after seeing my bump and when I said I was she said "Well at least yours will be real". I asked what she meant and she revealed that the baby in the pram was fake! It was so realistic and she was like "Yeah, it's a fake baby". She also had a little girl with her (a real one) who was about four and she seemed quite happy with her mum walking round with a fake child. Usually I'm quite open minded, but this seriously freaked me out. I ended the conversation and walked away quite quickly. was I right to react like this? Would you have done the same? For some reason this has really affected me and I don't know why. Sorry for the pointless post x

Oh dear ... I wonder why she did that? I mean I saw before kids pushing baby strollers with dolls inside and it's ok but a big normal pram with a fake baby a little spooky lol. Try to forget it

There was a program on tv not long ago about these lifelike baby dolls. It's very big in America apparently for ladies who don't want to go through labour or can not have their own child for whatever reasons.

A friend of mine had one (she didn't take it out lol) and when i walked into her bedroom i thought it was so real it was only when i touched it's hand that i realised it was fake!

To be honest i'm not sure how i would react to someone taking one out like a real baby :S

what affected me was that he/it had a name and eerything! She told me in a full on convo how long her labour was and what he weighed and everything... And it was all fake! Just freaky :/ It's really really affected me. I mean, what sort of impact is that going to have on that little girl too? And she was calling her Mummy, so she must have been hers in some way, either biologically or otherwise :/

Last edited:
That sounds pretty sick but who am I to judge other people? I would have freaked out too...

I didn't know how to react, I kind of just ran away. Forgot to get hobnobs because of it...

Ha, I went on google to search on those,my hey are named reborn babies, when I opened the site a warming came out saying tha my country has restricted this page for viewing. Probably some big controversy about those dolls...

If it creeps you out, don't ever Google "reborn dolls" :shock: :shock:

It's seriously freaky!

xxxxxxxxx

I've seen this on tv and in magazines! Some ladies for differing reasons pay hundreds for these real life dolls and lots of ladies own way more than one. How strange though that she told you about labour etc and then revealed it was a doll! Awww at forgetting hobnobs. My oh ate my whole packet of chocolate hobnobs before I realised and I was fuming lol xxxx

I like them lol. I asked my OH if i never get pregnant again can i have one !!!

I'll be like that mad woman in the shop x

I understand it I supose if women can't biologically have children, then fair enough. But like I said she had a daughter and basically lied to me about this whole story of birth and everything :/ It disturbed me. I think I remember the program on them now you all mention it, but it didn't click in the shop. And have now sent OH back to town for the forgotten Hobnobs... Told him baby needs them LOL x

If you can't have kids get a cat :shock: :shock:

(sorry - these dolls just seriously freak me out!)

xxxxxxxx

I understand it I supose if women can't biologically have children, then fair enough. But like I said she had a daughter and basically lied to me about this whole story of birth and everything :/ It disturbed me. I think I remember the program on them now you all mention it, but it didn't click in the shop. And have now sent OH back to town for the forgotten Hobnobs... Told him baby needs them LOL x

My baby gets the blame for my late night chocolate and crisp needs bless them lol.

The one I seen was based in America and they didnt treat them like a doll in the slightest. Each to their own! Xxxx

Sorry... had to be done!

Attachments

• dolls.jpg
    dolls.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 17
Sorry... had to be done!

See, her's was nicer looking than that. It genuinely looked like a real newborn baby, I actually thought to myself how strong she must be to be out and about shopping after just giving birth!

Carnatt i dont wanna cat i wanna babyyyyyyy! lol

I got too many animals as it is.

ACTUALLY i have my oldest doll from when i was a baby sat behind me on the sofa! I love her , her mane is Lucy hahhahaaaaaa. She's a bit broken though cos the dog chewed her to pieces so i lovingly reborn her and glued her back together.

I've seen one woman who had one made of her baby that was still born and weighted to be the same feel as him x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back