Things you learn first cycle IVF - random side effects

Bambi42

Reaction score
I'm now on day 9 of STIMS and am experiencing side effects that aren't listed on the medication and that weren't mentioned by my clinic. So to stop anyone else feeling the fear here's what's been happening and what the nurse said is perfectly normal.

1) Memory like a sieve - I have had the same passwords for years but since about day 3 I seem unable to remember anything and have had to change my email password every morning to log in. I even wrote it down and still got it wrong. I've been getting my words mixed up too - calling the fridge the oven and generally being a dolly dimple.

2) Loads of EWCM - I panicked when I saw this on day 6 because I thought something hadn't worked and I'd ovulated early. Turns out you can't ovulate early on STIMS and the EWCM is a result of all the eostrogen now in your body.

3) Poo! - on day 7 I started going to the loo three times a day. I don't know why, maybe something to do with the pressure on my ovaries? Or all the protein I'm eating to try and grow those follicles!

4) Sore back - I had a really sore back and then got sciatica. My accupuncurist sorted that out yesterday and said the hormones can make your muscles more stretchy and maybe I've overreached. I think thats what she said anyway, like I said, my memory is hazy!

Does anyone have anything else to add? I feel I've been really lucky so far. The odd nauseus spell, the odd headache but all totally manageable. I am part-time just now as stress is a big issue for me at work so I think time off has definitely made life easier.

I wanted to share this as before I started I was really quite scared and now I'm in the middle of it its been much easier than I thought. Still got to get through each stage but feeling pretty calm. Let's hope that lasts.

Bambi xx

Last edited:
Thank you sounds fun!! I already get to top of stairs and wonder what I had gone up for!!

@Outofsync im now adding dandruff to the list. I had this after my chem preg so I know it’s the hormones. It’s snowflake central around here today.

@Outofsync im now adding dandruff to the list. I had this after my chem preg so I know it’s the hormones. It’s snowflake central around here today.

I’ve never heard of hormonal dandruff before! Aren’t our bodies funny sometimes?

How’s it going apart from that, you feeling ok?

@SugaryIris im doing really good thank you, mega tired today so having a lazy afternoon watching tv.
The clinic offers counselling so I saw her yesterday and at the moment I’m feeling pretty calm. Here’s hoping that lasts.
One more jag for STIMS tonight, then trigger tomorrow night, no drugs Sunday and EC Monday morning. They’ve seen 8 follicles on the scan so fingers crossed the quality is good enough. One step at a time!

Xx

I have 8 yes 8!! coldsores not even started injections yet just from the norethisterone

I didn’t know cold sores was a side effect. Our bodies do such weird things. I’ve just asked my other half if he could be the one with sore boobs for a little while and give me a night off. He wasn’t keen x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back