• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The riots

My OH and good friends are out there now risking their lives to keep us all safe - and aside from being worried for their safety, I am so so immensely proud of them all.

What is going on right now in London is appalling and the people responsible for it should be ashamed of themselves. I can't believe that a mile from where I'm sitting, the town is burning & I pray that no innocent people get hurt xxx

i feel so sorry for the police/firebrigade/ambulance staff putting themselves out there, that's what makes me proud to be in this country! x

Just thought you girls should watch this brave lady speak up. She's just an ordinary woman who speaks more sense than the news. We need more people like her!

'Truly extraordinary speech by fearless West Indian woman in face of Hackney rioters.'

http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH

What is really infuriating me is the amount of children on the streets involved in this .... where are their parents?

I wouldnt be letting Brooke leave the house if all this was going on!!

hun i would think all their parents are out there too
Shocking - The youngest reported near Tam (old member and friend of mine) was 7 :shock::( It's just sad to say marshma is probably right!

It's awful :( A 100 year old furniture shop set alight which I think my friend said caught fire with a residential building where a woman had to jump from a window.

Hope all close stay safe, my good friend too :( and those out their stay safe too and the idiots piddle off back to their playpens! :mad:

I'm in Croydon and this was my view earlier of the smoke from the fires . Can just still see it still nowbut it's dark now! They are still looting and burning ) as u can see on sky news!! Keep seeing people run down the road with bags and boxes! Also just had about 8 youths all dressed in hoodies in all black running down the road :( not good x
56b10e1d-5a3a-f826.jpg

Apparently they've now attacked a children's hospital?
If that's true, my God that is vile.

That's disgusting. Constantstar - hope you're tucked away safe with your little un. Croydon has been looted badly too. I can't believe Reeves Furniture Store is gone!! End of an era xx

I'm hoping that is a rumour.
The children's hospital is near the police station apparently though.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was true though, they're a bunch of animals at the moment, don't know where they're going or what they're doing.

I hate all this! My little sister is only 20, and she works for the London ambulance service as a trainee paramedic! She is out there tonight!
She keeps texting to let me know she is ok! But i know i won't sleep till I know she has finished and is home! She is meant to finish at 1, she said she doubts that will happen! They have been ordered to wear their stab vests! I wish she was back down here on the south coast!
XxX

---
-

Children's hosp is all fine, just awful rumour :(

:clap: A bus driver who was out of service was stopping asking people if they wanted a safe ride.. for free :clap: Not sure where that was but good on him.

Good lord, I don't watch the news, but read it on the sky news app and have just turned the tv on! It's like a 3rd world country in a war zone or something! I've always been proud to be British but this is a fucking disgrace! Will be saying some extra prayers tonight!

Blooming nora I'm glad the children hospital thing was rumour! :|

Yay for the bus driver! And ippa, hope your sister is ok. My OH is out there somewhere tonight. Not heard from him in hours but he came home this afternoon (after a 28 hour shift) bruised after being pelted with bricks in last nights riots. Praying he and your sister are safe xxx

Yay for the bus driver! And ippa, hope your sister is ok. My OH is out there somewhere tonight. Not heard from him in hours but he came home this afternoon (after a 28 hour shift) bruised after being pelted with bricks in last nights riots. Praying he and your sister are safe xxx

Hope he's safe and well hun, I'd be going stir crazy if it were my oh but HUGE thanks to all the emergency services, just wish there was more they could do :hugs: x

Hope he's safe and well hun, I'd be going stir crazy if it were my oh but HUGE thanks to all the emergency services, just wish there was more they could do :hugs: x

Put it this way, don't think I'll be doing much sleeping tonight :) xxx

OH and I watching the BBC news channel, its just awful....we hve family in the city center, so hoping and praying it doesn't spread, and praying for all those who have family/friends in the midst of it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back