The riots

AugustMum

Reaction score
I'm really saddened by these riots.

I'm usually not affected by it but it seems to be getting out of control.

I've just seen pictures from a friend off facebook of a riot in birmingham and Im hoping the police will calm it down quickly.

Gah. I don't know. I just think its a sad state of affairs.

It's terrible basically my local shops have all closed early ( Croydon ) and local areas like lewisham and Brixton are all in trouble too! It's awful :( xx

Is all the riots to do with this blokey who got shot? It makes me scared for my kids future!!

Its apparently linked to the guy who got shot but I just think people are using it as an excuse which is so sad. People I knew from uni in wood green have all been told to stay inside and a fwe hours back a friend put a notice on his facebook that southgate was told to brace itself for riots but luckily the risk fell for that.

Im glad I like in the middle of nowhere tbh. My parents would have picked me up if I was still living in north london now. It does make me wonder when it will stop though.

My OH has got to travel back to Croydon from Canary Wharf, really hope he'll be ok

Just can't believe that it's happening everywhere

xxx

It's disgusting , where I used to live has totally been shut down now, nothing open.

Its apparently linked to the guy who got shot but I just think people are using it as an excuse which is so sad. People I knew from uni in wood green have all been told to stay inside and a fwe hours back a friend put a notice on his facebook that southgate was told to brace itself for riots but luckily the risk fell for that.

Im glad I like in the middle of nowhere tbh. My parents would have picked me up if I was still living in north london now. It does make me wonder when it will stop though.

Totally agree.
Every time there's a riot on, people 'pretend' they're fighting for a good cause but that's never the case, it's always about causing havoc, having fun and nicking stuff from shops.

The news spokeswoman said that the African community and the police is obviously still 'problematic' because the African community believe police are against them, I think that's absurd though. Martin Luther King would be turning in his grave!

Ive seen mostly white youths on tv tbh. On of the spoke to a reporter, with his hoodie tied up so he couldnt been seen (just shows he was up to no good if he didn't want tobe identified) and he didnt have a clue what he was on about. Just saying how the police have got too much power. FFS! Theyre the only ones helping to stop these idiots destroy our capital!

The guy that got shot was in a shoot out and shot a policeman, the bullet luckily lodged in the policeman's radio but it wasn't that the police did anything wrong in the first place- in my opinion these people rioting are not doing it for any cause it's just mob mentality and its disgusting! They are destroying people's business properties and therefore their livelihoods!

Exactly.
And yeah I've seen loads of white mobs stealing things. It's all fun and games to them, protesting my arse!
Also the guy Mark Duggan who got shot was using a gun.. did he expect to just get a slap on the wrist?

Totally agree.
Every time there's a riot on, people 'pretend' they're fighting for a good cause but that's never the case, it's always about causing havoc, having fun and nicking stuff from shops.

The news spokeswoman said that the African community and the police is obviously still 'problematic' because the African community believe police are against them, I think that's absurd though. Martin Luther King would be turning in his grave!

R u black? If not I don't think u can say its absurd, cuz belive me, black ppl get hassled by the police. I think a lot of ppl are taking the Piss, but the ppl in the beginning that put there foot down when that man got killed, they where more then right.

Just thugs using it as an excuse to loot :( shameful and putting innocent people lives at risk...Im sad to be bringing a child into such a shocking environment :( x

Exactly.
And yeah I've seen loads of white mobs stealing things. It's all fun and games to them, protesting my arse!
Also the guy Mark Duggan who got shot was using a gun.. did he expect to just get a slap on the wrist?

I think the police r just saying he was shoting first to cover there own arse. But I belive he had weLlness in the car.

I think it may well be hard to know exactly what happened with the original incident ( I dont fully trust the media) but the looting and arson is dispicable!

Totally agree.

R u black? If not I don't think u can say its absurd, cuz belive me, black ppl get hassled by the police. I think a lot of ppl are taking the Piss, but the ppl in the beginning that put there foot down when that man got killed, they where more then right.

Of course it's absurd! The police are here to protect, they're not racists. They're not allowed to be racists or know racists either. I know this because I have a lot of family in the police and my brother is going into the police also, If one of my family members was a racist, my brother would have problems getting into the police. Black people don't get hassled by the police - Mobs who hang out on street corners, gangs and those who try to cause trouble get hassled by the police. No doubt if you wear a hoodie and walk around London you'll get watched, doesn't matter about your skin colour. It's the exact same in my town - If you're a chav, You're watched.

That's very naive, u have not got a clue about the real world. I'm not sayin all police r racist, far from it, do the black ppl get more hassle then white, whlithout a doubt

Exactly.

I think the police r just saying he was shoting first to cover there own arse. But I belive he had weLlness in the car.

People said the exact same when Raoul Moat got killed. He was white by the way.
Neither of these men died because of their skin colour.

The whole thing is disgusting - I guarantee you that the vast majority of these people are just looser thugs who are so uneducated and selfish that they believe they are fighting for a just cause and are entitled to loot like this. Absolute scum.

I feel sorry for the poor sods that work in the shops being attacked, for the small shop owners and for you and me who will have to pay for what these selfish, selfish people are doing.

I never said he was killed cuz of his skin colour. If u put words in my mouth u will only look bad cuz ppl can read u know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back