Facebook - NEXT competition...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
"Police have advised ALL PARENTS: Please don't enter your baby into the NEXT Baby competition on facebook or any other networking site. It has nothing to do with NEXT it has been set up by a peodophile ring!! Please copy and paste! It aint a joke... :-("

I have done a bit of "digging" though and found the following:

http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/.../drop-clinic-652/490162-next-competition.html

So, just incase anyone is worried, then it does appear to be ok...

It really does annoy me that people try worrying parents :-( xx

madness im staying well away cant be too safe xx

it's such a shame that innocent competitions are being ruined like this. However, I agree with you Evie - cannot be too safe these days... xx

I haven't entered AJ anyway. I don't really like beauty competition's.

I also agree Evie, you cant be too safe. x

I haven't entered either of the boys either, but such a shame that someone has to scare people for no reason :(

Seem to have some rather worrying mates all banging on about on FB right now.......... :(

its not true what there saying the facebook page is connected to the website and i also looked on next
http://www.next.co.uk/babyboutique/#LID=09_03

if im allowed to post link sorry if not. some jealous mother ahad wrote it to put people off and also put it to the newspaper and stuff she did it so that her little one could win you win 500 quid of next vouchers plus the little one gets a 12 month contract uwith urban angels and a photo shoot with next and prima baby

I didnt believe this anyway. There are strict entry rules about making sure your baby is fully clothed in the picture. They even disallow photos of children in swimmers. They check each picture complies before putting it in as well. If they were a paedophile ring they would be REALLY bad at it. :roll:

yeah next have just put onthere status that there comp is genuine and it ws someone who set up a page pretending to be next competion

Well it turns out there is a false 'page' but the speculation on WHY is horrendous. The page was still live the last I looked so if the news spouted this off as official the page wouldn't have been there. Seems pure like a mockery of the competition watching desperate parents enter their children into a judging competition - Sorry if you entered but its CRAZY all because it's next, wow a clothes shop :roll:

Enter your picture on the unofficial ****, on the official site or any other photo competition even forums, bebo, your FB profile pictures ...the list goes on ITS PUBLIC, you enter that risk as the parent either way it's your risk to take all are at risk of being 'taken'.

Nasty nasty comments flying around from competitive parents ramming links where ever they can, I find it desperate official or not. My children are beautiful I don't need NEXT to tell me so. I've only ever entered them into one baking competition which happens to be on FB not because I wanted the world to vote them cute but because I thought the photo was lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back