genie

trixipaws

Reaction score
i was thinking about genie today while watching my daughter looking around with fascination, and it made me sad :(

for those who havent heard of her, shes a true case study we learned about in english a-level; a girl in america in the 1970's or 1980's whose parents kept her locked up in a room from birth, in silence with nothing to look at. they fed and watered her and didnt hurt her or anything, they just starved her of stimulation and by the time the police found her she was a teenager and was incapable of ever learning proper language or communication.

its amazing watching my new baby develop so quickly and watch her soak up all the sounds and sights of the world, i always have music or tv on in the background during the daytime so even if i'm not talking to her she can still hear words and music and she's thriving.

it just made me feel sad for that poor neglected girl, it just popped into my head today. :(

I read about her in Higher English too - I actually forgot about it until you mentioned it. It was so awful to read wasnt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back