The news bores me

:lol: :lol: They are going crazy over a bit of snow aren't they :shock:

Credit crunch? What credit crunch.... They soon forgot all about that!

[quote="glittergirl
Credit crunch? What credit crunch.... They soon forgot all about that![/quote]

:rotfl:

Well for people wanting to send their kids to school or go to work the news about the snow is kinda important :)

Lou said:
Well for people wanting to send their kids to school or go to work the news about the snow is kinda important :)

not on the news at 6 it's not! :wink:

Jade&Evie said:
Lou said:

So the snow forecast for overnight wouldn't be relevant for the next morning? :roll:

Lou said:
Jade&Evie said:
Lou said:

So the snow forecast for overnight wouldn't be relevant for the next morning? :roll:

yes, a weather forecast- hardly breaking news is it!

you're out for a fight today Lou! I can tell! :moon:

Jade&Evie said:
Lou said:
[quote="Jade&Evie":vopw87yb]
Lou said:

yes, a weather forecast- hardly breaking news is it!

you're out for a fight today Lou! I can tell! :moon:[/quote:vopw87yb]

Its the worst snow in 18 years. I'd say thats breaking news.

The Bank of England dropped the interest rate down to 1%...

:talkhand: forget that though- snow is much more important! :lol:

Jade&Evie said:
The Bank of England dropped the interest rate down to 1%...

:talkhand: forget that though- snow is much more important! :lol:

Maybe you should buy yourself a copy of The times then. Loads of financial news in there. I've heard.

Eeek! I'm not at home but I am even sick of the snow news!!

It might be the worst snow for 18yrs IN SOME AREAS.... keep it to your local news is what I say, there are still people service men/woman dying in war.... some how I think that is more important than how the weather is

In belgium it snows like this very often, and most of the time, life goes on, the schools don't always close due to heavy snow, in fact I remember when i was a kid we used to walk to school, in the snow, it was so much fun!

But here people are not used to it, that's why they are making a big deal out of it. Which i can understand. But still, it's annoying, I know :wall: They go on about it as if it was a supernatural phenomenon. it's only snow!! :lol:

I know....come live up in the north of scotland.... get snow like this every year! Makes me laugh if I am honest!

I'm fed up with it too... everytime i put the telly or radio on :bored:
pointless it being on national news all the time, I can understand the local news but just saying what schools are closed etc... need to know type of stuff!
I dont get it if its too hot in this country trains get canceled (heat effects the tracks apparently) too cold they get canceled heaven forbid it snows :shock: 1inch falls and you'd think 10ft had fell! :lol:

I think it's a pretty relevant story... local councils have balls up yet again with their "high tech" weather forecasting radars and they've used up most of their salt stores leaving on average about 2/3 days worth of salt.

It seriously affects schools, bus routes, trains, roads, the elderly, the economy... there are just loads of factors to it. The weather affects everything... it's quite an important topic. And of course we can't forget climate change... colder winters, warmers summers :wink:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

pilkers said:
I think it's a pretty relevant story... local councils have balls up yet again with their "high tech" weather forecasting radars and they've used up most of their salt stores leaving on average about 2/3 days worth of salt.

It seriously affects schools, bus routes, trains, roads, the elderly, the economy... there are just loads of factors to it. The weather affects everything... it's quite an important topic. And of course we can't forget climate change... colder winters, warmers summers :wink:

Glad someone agrees with me! :lol:

Lou said:
pilkers said:

Glad someone agrees with me! :lol:

I agree with you in principle BUT the news AND the weather are so ridiculously biased towards the South-East it's untrue. I remember back in 2000 (? I think) when there were the terrible floods in Yorkshire it barely got a mention on the national news and was skimmed over on the national weather... until the end of the forecast when the silly Met Office woman said, "... and as you can see, those rain clouds are now moving towards London, which is EXACTLY what we don't want"....

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I have to say we've seen no snow whatsoever (nor rain) since Monday morning, so why should it be the main item on the news still?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back