The Nails Thread

How do you ladies get your mails so nice and long and that they stay this way? Everytime I grow them out literally the day before I want to give them a nice colour nailpolish one get trapped or hooked behind someing and tears/breaks. I have this problem since I have kids, It happens when I change my girls mappy and shr isn't cooperative or when my boy has a tantrum and I need to 'scoop' him of the floor (99%) of the time. Before I had kids I didn't have this issue obviously.

They were pret long last week but I cut them down a bit to match and yesterday my thumbnail tore and now I have one almost frodo looking thumb yuck. Tis nail also grows very slow, I hate it!

How do you ladies get your mails so nice and long and that they stay this way? Everytime I grow them out literally the day before I want to give them a nice colour nailpolish one get trapped or hooked behind someing and tears/breaks. I have this problem since I have kids, It happens when I change my girls mappy and shr isn't cooperative or when my boy has a tantrum and I need to 'scoop' him of the floor (99%) of the time. Before I had kids I didn't have this issue obviously.

They were pret long last week but I cut them down a bit to match and yesterday my thumbnail tore and now I have one almost frodo looking thumb yuck. Tis nail also grows very slow, I hate it!

I think most of us have nail extensions. Stick a falsie on your thumb :) xx

My nails are forever snapping I use a nail harder polish on my nails something like this I think it helps ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367669484.558935.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367669512.699644.jpg
Looking a bit shabby lol but these are my natural nails and they are about as long as I can let them go I shall be chopping them to tonight I bet lol

I have tried nail hardeners but they peel off (I think I have very oily nails, when I used to get acrylic nails they also fell of and never stuck, same with gel and solar nails). I know they can grow long when I don't do a lot (also washing hands a lot after cleaning nappies, helping my som when he goes to the toilet(to wipe) makes my mails get wet a lot and soft.

I am not fond of fake nails because then I don't feel anything in the tips of those which makes it hard to grab things etc. perhaps it will just take a few years to get them to grow nice again (when all kids are potty trained and go to the toilet unsupervised)

Have you tried Barry M 3 in 1 top cost, bar coat and hardener? My sister swears by it x

tapatalking x

Have you tried Barry M 3 in 1 top cost, bar coat and hardener? My sister swears by it x

tapatalking x

No I haven't heardof it, so far only tried 4 different brands , i will look into it, thank you :)

Twinkles, I'm converting to Brisa and Brisa Lite when I get back to the UK. So just practicing on myself at the mo.

Do you use Brisa?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367864935.960487.jpg

New onessd

Mommy To HarveyJack 03.11.12 xxxxx

Does any lovely nail mummies know how to get Shellac off without going to salon? And ruining my nails xx

Does any lovely nail mummies know how to get Shellac off without going to salon? And ruining my nails xx

If its the same as gelish, soak a cotton ball in acetone and wrap your finger with that around it and then wrap silver foil around it and keep it on for around 10-15 mins xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twinkles, I'm converting to Brisa and Brisa Lite when I get back to the UK. So just practicing on myself at the mo.

Do you use Brisa?

No I don't! On salon geek there's a mixture of things about training or not.... Unsure if training is needed! X

Or I put a little accetone in a glass bowl, then put the glass bowl into a metal bowl with boiling water in. Works really fast as the acetone is warmed up. Or if u don't have a metal bowl I sometimes use a zip lock sandwhich bag with acetone in, place ur hand in the bag and again into the hot water. Be careful tho!!! Probs best to follow tiaflames advice lol
That's just the way I soak off. Xxx

tapatalking

You don't want over exposure to acetone that's why we wrap cotton wool soaked in acetone around nail and secured with foil, the foil will help with heat, wrap in towel too if it helps but 10 mins is plenty and it should start to remove x

Twinkles, I mainly want to do the training with them so that I can get better and iron out some kinks. I've only just started sculpting instead of using tips, so it will just help with my confidence.

These are mine today, went a bit mad with glitter haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368098500.010855.jpg

Today's nails.. First time I've had different patterns on each nail and first time I've had this shape! Not too sure!! Xx ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368136167.495861.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368136180.683557.jpg

Twinkles, I mainly want to do the training with them so that I can get better and iron out some kinks. I've only just started sculpting instead of using tips, so it will just help with my confidence.

These are mine today, went a bit mad with glitter haha

View attachment 36884

Oooo glitter they look fab I've not had glitter nails

Well I couldn't get used to the new shape so I've just filed them and I'm loads happier now ! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368222659.523352.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368222668.730094.jpg xx

If its the same as gelish, soak a cotton ball in acetone and wrap your finger with that around it and then wrap silver foil around it and keep it on for around 10-15 mins xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back