What can i do to make my nails stronger

cez8457

Reaction score
My nails are so thin that they break so easily. So they won't grow very long before they break, can anyone suggest any products or ways to make the stronger so that they might grow more.

http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_ ... =821&ref=4

I've seen this product reccomended in lots of beauty magazines, also eating jelly cubes (not sure if it's an old wives tale) as supposedly gelatin helps to strengthen them. Always wear gloves outdoors and when washing up, don't use a metal file and ensure you're getting plenty of B vitamins and zinc in your diet. Use a buffer to as this will smooth out any cracks which may turn into splits. :)

The best thing I've found (and trust me, I've tried everything!) is Jessica Nails Critical Care.

Try and push your cuticles back, then apply the above using 10 strokes of the brush for each nail. Repeat every day (I usually do it every second day though!) for a week, then remove, do your cuticles and start again!

If you can be bothered, applying solar oil (another miracle product in my opinion!) over the Critical Care (at a different time in the day when the polish is dry) really helps my nails!

Sally Hansen nail strengthener is quite good too. I was told by manacurist years ago to never ever cut my nails (especially nail clippers) as it causes tiny fractures within the nail and they're therefore more likely to be brittle so I always file mine off with a padded file and she's right, they do break less.

ALWAYS wear nail varnish. I use Rimmel 7 day nail rescue, paint a layer on every 4 days then after a fortnight take it off and repeat for the rest of your life :lol: . I always get people ask if mine are false as they grow so long.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Will try a few of your ideas. thanks :hug:

I use Solar Oil

You just dab it on and massage it in - and it smells like marzipan!

calcium. Eat lots of yoghurt's, cheese and milk........

Yep.. calcium is the answer. If you cant get enough through diet alone then maybe suppliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back