The Gestational Diabetes support thread

I used to have jelly babies :) fingers crossed it all goes well for you hun! They said Stanley was going to be huge (in the 10lbs) because of the diabetes and that during labour I'd need an insulin drip and glucose drip to keep my levels constant. Think that's only of you're insulin controlled though. Turned out he was only 7lb4 lol and a 2h49 min labour didn't give them enough time to get the drip sorted lol. X

My results came back at 8.4 after the 2 hours - which gives me "impaired glucose tolerance".

My GP was pretty rubbish about it (actually looking up what the results meant while I sat there!!!), she just said about cutting down on sugars and carbs. She later phoned me to say after speaking with someone else, my results were consistent with gestational diabetes and that she'd written a letter to refer me on.

I had an appointment with the midwife the following week (Monday gone), who phoned up to give my details and said I'd be called with an appointment. I'm actually quite disappointed - it's been nearly 3 weeks now and no one has actually sat down and gone through everything with me. I'm not too worried, just disappointed really!

My results came back at 8.4 after the 2 hours - which gives me "impaired glucose tolerance".

My GP was pretty rubbish about it (actually looking up what the results meant while I sat there!!!), she just said about cutting down on sugars and carbs. She later phoned me to say after speaking with someone else, my results were consistent with gestational diabetes and that she'd written a letter to refer me on.

I had an appointment with the midwife the following week (Monday gone), who phoned up to give my details and said I'd be called with an appointment. I'm actually quite disappointed - it's been nearly 3 weeks now and no one has actually sat down and gone through everything with me. I'm not too worried, just disappointed really!

I get how you feel hun mine are slightly higher even when not pregnant as I have glucose intolerance from poly-cystic ovaries. I was given a diet sheet mainly and told to cut down on the sugar I was consuming, to only have it as a treat once a week maybe. x Hope you get some answers hunny x Plus I think mine was between 7-8 after the 2 hour glucose test x

Had my GTT this morning, just got to wait for results now! Keeping FX its okay

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Can I join?
I have Glucose intollerance due to PCOS, currently on Metformin 1500mg a day to control it.

*big hugs* to everyone and it's great to share experiances.

Can I join?
I have Glucose intollerance due to PCOS, currently on Metformin 1500mg a day to control it.

*big hugs* to everyone and it's great to share experiances.

I have this when not pregnant hun if you need any advice let me know x

36 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Cheers I was diagnosed with intollerance last August and put on Metformin. How does it change during pregnancy or will the Metformin still be up to the job?

I've started to feel pre-metformin again - constantly tired and lethargic. Can't stop yawning even after a good nights sleep :/ Headaches have come back too.

As your pregnancy advances I believe your need for more control/medication becomes greater :( thats why you have regular checks! I was having them fortnightly then weekly at the diabetic clinic at the hospital x

Oh joys! Got my first midwife appointment today - was a bugger to get to see the doc this early and then midwife so we'll see what happens then.

Kinda scared as doc said I'm high risk but everyone else keeps trying to flob me off until 10 weeks!

Oh joys! Got my first midwife appointment today - was a bugger to get to see the doc this early and then midwife so we'll see what happens then.

Kinda scared as doc said I'm high risk but everyone else keeps trying to flob me off until 10 weeks!

Yeah you get monitored more closely and i went on insulin at 18 weeks x was on metforim at 8 weeks x

More likely the pregnancy making you tired hun i was really bad with my first x

36 weeks pregnant. Team blue!

Cheers *hugs* really hope it is just the pregnancy.
Hubbys sorting out a private early scan for me as earliest doctors appointment availble to refer me is at 9 weeks and it takes them 1 to 2 weeks to send appointments out :S

Passed the pee test today so will just have to hope it'll keep passing and not need any more meds :D

I have GD I had my test this morning the doc spoke to me briefly I'm in hospital at the mo so will see the GD team tomorrow I'm a little overwhelmed by it all

I have GD I had my test this morning the doc spoke to me briefly I'm in hospital at the mo so will see the GD team tomorrow I'm a little overwhelmed by it all

You will be fine hun x i had it both times and none of my babies were affected by it they weren't that big born either both about 7lb x

The drugs help stabilize your sugar.s and they keep a close eye on you and baby also you get more scans x

20/06/2012 born at 12.09 x

Oh hunni... I understand as you well know... It is completely overwhelming! You may just need a few changes to your diet, if you don't it's nog so bad! Your team will take good care of you :D and if you're anything like me my labour was so quick they didn't have time to do anything to stabilise my sugars lol

If you need any support hunni you Know where I am xx

My hospital appointment went a bit poo today I have been put on metiformin and have been given 2 weeks to see if it helps or else I'm on insulin. I am peed off about it as I have tried so hard with my diet but the consultant said sometimes it just happens regardless of how good you are.

Hunni i was the same except they skipped the metformin ane I went straight onto insulin :( I started off on 2 injections a day, and was so strict but despite my best efforts it just wasn't enough :( I then ended up on 4! But that's worse case hun. I guess some people are just unlucky :(

You'll be fine though, they will take good care of you xxx

I didn't know you had insulin you poor sod I just think it's the thought of injecting is worse then actually having to do it. I was all worked up earlier as I will be only 2 days in when I get married if I do have to. I'm ok now and trying to remember it's to keep little missy safe. I have only had 1 tablet and it's already starting to play havoc with my stomach I have to phone clinic in a week to see how I am going x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back