Some people...

maybebaby

Reaction score
...make me so angry! :x

I walked down to the shop earlier & saw a woman loading a toddler & tiny newborn baby into her car. I smiled & walked on, but then on the way back 5 mins later she was sat in the car, windows up, SMOKING A CIGARETTE with both kids in the back!

I don't really have a problem with parents smoking, I smoked quite a lot before Austin, quit when pg then after he was born I used to have a few before I got PG again. BUT only when I wasn't with Austin, or after he was in bed. I don't particularly like seeing mums pushing prams and smoking but at least it's outside & there's less smoke around the child. I honestly couldn't believe this woman - if she wanted a cigarette before she drove off why not stand outside the car to smoke it? I felt like crying for the poor little kids having to cope with the smoke in the back.

I don't know if it's my hormones but the more I think about it the angrier I get. :x

I feel the same hun, why would you WANT to put your LO's health in danger? i do not understand it :(

my mum used to be the same, she used to smoke in the same room as us in our house :( I could never do that, If i ever wanted to smoke (not since pg) id ask who ever i was with to take hope a good 2 meters in front to make sure it wouldnt get to her, but it was very rare id smoke when out

OMG that is horrible!! Smoking in a car with an adult passenger is bad enough but my god with the children and all windows up? I dont understand some people! I remember seeing this girl once before I was even pregnant with Joseph and she was feeding her child and smoking a cig!! :eek: Sat there without a care or worry smoking a cig while feeding her newborn!?
Yeh I smoked while not pregnant in between my 3 but never ever near them! The reason I stopped two years ago was because I didnt want them to ever even know I did and my son came down one night after a bad dream and I was at the back door and he very nearly saw me! That upset me enough to quit!

Mel&Bean said:
my mum used to be the same, she used to smoke in the same room as us in our house :( I could never do that, If i ever wanted to smoke (not since pg) id ask who ever i was with to take hope a good 2 meters in front to make sure it wouldnt get to her, but it was very rare id smoke when out

Yeah i know - my mum has ALWAYS made my step-dad go outside when he smokes - i think its right, especially if you have young children. OH's brother and GF smoke in their house and they have a little girl, and when i walk in, my eyes sting from the smoke :( :(

that's awful :evil: How can any mother do that to her children? What a stupid cow!!! I used to smoke before I found out I am pregnant but would never smoke round kids..

ooo that came out wrong, thats what i do when we are out shopping ect, when we are at home id usually wait till she was asleep then go onto the back garden, making sure the doors are locked, never go on the front as i feel my neighbours will judge me for smoking :( once again not now, before i got pg

thats disgusting, if it was me i think i would of had to of said something :twisted:

Wow i just dont know how someone could do that to their kids?! I used to be a smoker before i was pregnant and since being pregnant i couldnt imagine smoking around my LO, when i go to my friends house's who smoke it smells and i always get a sore chest/ throat afterwards now.

Im actually really worried about seeing my friends after my LO is born as most of them smoke and id feel rude to say i dont want to take him to their houses because they smoke but i feel like i dont want my baby to breathe all that crap in.. If it can make my throat sore and give me a chesty cough for a few hours after ive been round there, i dont like to think what it would do to my LO!! x

Mel&Bean said:
ooo that came out wrong, thats what i do when we are out shopping ect, when we are at home id usually wait till she was asleep then go onto the back garden, making sure the doors are locked, never go on the front as i feel my neighbours will judge me for smoking :( once again not now, before i got pg
Hun nothing came out wrong silly heeehee

yeah i gave up a while ago - i did stop when i found out i was pregnant with holly (she was a surprise) but started again after I had had her I think it's easier now you can't smoke in pubs because there's less of a temptation to start again. I have never ever smoked in front of Holly , I remember when I had her, my ex's Mum ( I had different partner when I had her) and his whole family smoked and she was this tiny weeny baby and his mum just lit up a fag right by her! I said can you go smoke in another room (it was her house - if it had of been mine it would have been outside) and she had a go at me telling me it never did her 4 kids any harm! she has since died of lung cancer -just goes to show really!

MissyRee said:
Wow i just dont know how someone could do that to their kids?! I used to be a smoker before i was pregnant and since being pregnant i couldnt imagine smoking around my LO, when i go to my friends house's who smoke it smells and i always get a sore chest/ throat afterwards now.

Im actually really worried about seeing my friends after my LO is born as most of them smoke and id feel rude to say i dont want to take him to their houses because they smoke but i feel like i dont want my baby to breathe all that crap in.. If it can make my throat sore and give me a chesty cough for a few hours after ive been round there, i dont like to think what it would do to my LO!! x

hun dont worry about not going there i wont take christopher anywhere theres smoke tough if people dont understand the only place we go where theres smoke is o/h parents house on a sunday and they dont smoke in the house for a while before we get there and while we are there they go in the garden if they want a smoke if they didnt i wouldnt go at all
o/h smokes but i would never allow it in the house or anywhere near christopher
lucky enough most places where we go our friends have children themselves and if they smoke they do it outside too so we dont have too many problems xxxxxxxx

my nan always said it was me and my brother that made her give up smoking. she used to leave us playing in the living room and so into the kitchen and lean out the window for a sneaky fag. Everytime she did it i would follow her in and sit and cough :lol: she is suffering now for years of smoking though :(

What annoys me most is people who blow over their shoulder as you are walking past the back of them. You end up getting it in your face!

rach said:
hun dont worry about not going there i wont take christopher anywhere theres smoke tough if people dont understand the only place we go where theres smoke is o/h parents house on a sunday and they dont smoke in the house for a while before we get there and while we are there they go in the garden if they want a smoke if they didnt i wouldnt go at all
lucky enough most places where we go our friends have children themselves and if they smoke they do it outside too so we dont have too many problems xxxxxxxx

:hug: Thanks Rach, i spose if my friends really want to see me i'll just have to explain im not comfortable with putting my LO around their smoke and see if they offer to smoke outside or something then. I'll prob feel awkward asking them but id rather feel awkward for abit than have my LO breathe in their smoke. Did your OH's parents just automatically go outside or did you have to bring it up, thats really good that they understand you wouldnt want your children to breathe it in and go outside xxx

Get your mates told, i did mine and they ALL go outside, even the boys, they know how it is, even applies if i go to their houses. Sorry but its not that hard to do, dont share the disgusting habit with babies :shakehead:

You know what else annoys me! ?
When people stand there or are walking and they hold their cigs down by their side!? I mean whats with that! My children and friends children have had their clothes and arms burnt by people who cant hold their cigs up above child height!! That really annoys me too! :evil: Especially when your on a busy street and can clearly see children about to walk past!! :talkhand:

Oh and when people dont stand on their cigs to put them out! (Oh Im on a right vent day today haha)
Like we were at a party once and people went outside to smoke and gathered around the doors!
My friends little lad ran out! (no one even attempted to stop him :evil: :evil: ) but they had flicked their fags and not put them out and he fell right on a lit butt and burnt his hand! They didnt even ask if he was ok!? How horrid!

MissyRee said:
rach said:

:hug: Thanks Rach, i spose if my friends really want to see me i'll just have to explain im not comfortable with putting my LO around their smoke and see if they offer to smoke outside or something then. I'll prob feel awkward asking them but id rather feel awkward for abit than have my LO breathe in their smoke. Did your OH's parents just automatically go outside or did you have to bring it up, thats really good that they understand you wouldnt want your children to breathe it in and go outside xxx

hun i just made it very clear to everyone before he was even born that i would not take him there if they smoked in the house while we were there we had 1 incident where o/h step dad lit up in the dining room while baby was in living room he said it was ok as he was in a different room with the door shut :evil: i promptly packed all the babies stuff away and left he hasnt done it since as he knows if he did that would be the last time i would go there
just explain to everyone beforehand hun that if they want to see you and the baby they either have to come to your house or not smoke while your at their house then you are giving them the choice xxxxxxxxx

this is a subject that always manages to anger me, i hate seeing it too, i think its selfish and disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back