The 40+ week thread!

Oh Larly your time will come any day now hun. I thought I would be the one really late and I still might be yet. I don't trust these pains until I get more signs as so many ladies have had a few close calls on here then nothing.

At the moment though the pain is coming in waves and feel quite unwell, well see how things go?? Feels weird to have period pains again as they have been missing for the past 9 months!!

Each time I go to the loo I'm hoping for gross snotty plug. DH thinks I'm mad!

Last edited:
How could u forget lil old me carly????...sniff sniff :oooo:

DD was 21.02.

Only sign so far r on n off period pains@ night. they vanish in the day tho. feel a little like Ive been ridin a bike ...sore-ish....but no plug or anything like.

Got my 1st sweep at1pm tomorrow.

Movements painful...feel like baby is playin the harp on my ribs.

Just shows that its really only4% of women who give birth on their DD n the rest of us have t go thru this agonising waaaaaaiiit!!!!!

Hugs to u all xxxx

I wonder who will be first to pop out of who's left then ... My bets are on Kerianne everything sounds quite promising for u hun x

Yeah kerrianne I agree....at least another week for me I bet.
Lets see wat MW says tmro....ya never know....she might surprise me n say im a teeny weeny bit dilated....hope soooooooooo x

FX for u GG hope she does I was surprised today wen she told me I was 2cm made it all seem more real again like my LO is actually on his way .... Ahhh excited lol :)

Hope your sweep goes well and starts something if not already dilated GG.

I agree sounds like Kerrianne maybe the next to pop. x

I don't know why but I'm kinda hopin Pip hasn't engaged and I dont have to have a sweep! Dunno why. Think I've convinced myself so well he won't be I jus want my induction booked ASAP and this little man out! Especially as his nursery is now done! Lol!

Wow just lost a huge amount of bloody plug whilst on the loo really hope this is something FX :)

Again, jay, so jealous! Lol!

And kerrieanne's waters have gone.

Feeling very left out now :(

Last edited:
Wow..... So glad to hear thing are moving for some of you x x x

I don't feel anything & because this is my 2nd I don't get a sweep till 41 weeks!!!! Devastated!!!

I'm ready to have this baby now... Bounced on my ball all evening & nothing.....

Hey carly.....dnt fret pet ....im in same situation as u....all bar jnr bein engaged...nothin nothin n more nothing!!

I woke up at12....n couldnt get bk t sleep for hours tnkin abt this damn sweep@ lunch. when I eventually dropped off I then had a weird dream that the MW@her student came t do it....n they did everythin BUT!!!!!hair...eyebrows...massage...u name it. guess that dreams a true sign of my frustrations!!!!

Ill keep u posted how it goes....im tnking if hvin some paracetamol half an hr before shes due t stop the pain...think my tilty cervix mught giv her some grief xxxx

That sounds like a plan.

Well I'm off out for lunch with a friend today and gonna see if my nan will help me with another craft project for Henry's room (DH and I decided last night to stop callin him Pip in the hope he arrives cos we r using his "earth side" name! Lol! Stupid but worth a go! Lol!). Wanna make some bunting with his name on to go over his cot. Could just order it off eBay but think it will be nice if I can make it. My nan is amazing at stuff like that so should turn out well!!

Had a really uncomfortable night with spd. Cant turn in bed without getting out and back in :( the only way I can turn without gettin up is onto my belly which isn't possible cost sticks out so bloody far! Lol!

Henry has just woken up too and is happily kicking the mattress!!

Awww me too but ive found something which can make lufe a luttle teeny bit easier.
I remembered I had a silk nighty stashed away somewhere....so tried sleeping in that.
That way its much easier to slide around in bed n shuffle ya way from one side to another.
Id reccomend it.Its still painful but just alot easier to go from sida A to sideB in one swoop instead of sitting up n liftin myself over or like u say gettin out n bk in.
xxxxx

That's sounds good! Lol! Bit pointless investing in one this late on tho! Lol! We have a stupid waterproof mattress protector on as well which makes the whole turning issue even more difficult. DH insisted we had one because he doesn't want me ruining the mattress if my waters break!

Really thought something would have happened during the night ... Who am I kidding?! this boys too comfortable! Still very much pregnant this morning lol :wall2:

I'm still very much pregnant as well and sore I now find it impossible to turn over in bed with out screaming in pain and waking the husband up bump is so heavy now it hurts and pulls :-( we just want to cuddle our babies and they are bring extremely uncooperative lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back