Thank goodness i got a CBFM!

LouiseB

Reaction score
Guess what?!

I've only been ovulating two days after i thought all this time :roll:

I always get OV pains at cd 14 and there are several theories on what the pain means and only 1 of them suggests it happens *before* OV while the rest suggest OV just happened :wall2:

Since CD 6 i have been peeing on a stick every bloody morning and not getting any LH reading at all - just low fertility all the time.

I thought i was in real trouble and not ovulating at all and then yesterday i got a high, but unless you get a peak you are still in trouble...

Then today at CD 16 i finally get my peak!! So should have sex today and tomorrow definately.

I'm so glad i know - all my effort was aimed at CD14 and most of the semen would be dead by CD16/17.

I was about to call time on our attempts this month too!

PHEW! :good:

I am considering getting one of these if we dont get our BFP this month, my cycles are so up and down it is hard to keep track on when ovulation may occur.... going to use an OPK everyday this month even after a positive!!

Brill that it picked up your ovulation..... fingers crossed this is your month!!

Louise... What days did u get high? how many before peak did u get? - this is my first month of using it properly. I got low on 6&7 then high 8,9&10 hoping 4 a peak soon, but I usually have long cycles so it seems too soon.

Thanks ladies :)

Bluebell - i only got my first high CD15 and then i got my peak today at CD16, since CD6 i have only had low.

I have been asking around a lot about results and it seems a lot of women get crazy first cycles using it and get several highs - i'm sure your peak will come and then next cycle should be better.

Sounds interesting Louise, glad you have things sussed, Good luck and Babydust to you.

I've already spent £ 80 on the Clear Blue diggi OPK's so if I have a don't get a BFP then I might invest in one, they are about £100 aren't they?

xx

I got mine from Lloyd's Pharmacy and they were selling them for £80 with £5 off the sticks too - so £100 for both combined.

Couldn't believe i still had to buy sticks too, i thought you just pee'd into the machine or something lol

LOL! I thought that too! does it test for pregnancy too? x

ClearBlue don't advertise it, i guess with them selling HPTs too, but there have been people that have tried using one of the sticks late in their cycle and getting a second line which proved to be a positive pregnancy.

LH levels are supposed to be sustained if someone is pregnant, although testing for HCG with a HPT is more conclusive :)

I had a look on Ebay and you can get a new one for about £65

I'm really tempted to try one of these after my next period too. I wonder if the ebay ones are genuine. I've only seen for about £100. A lot of money, but worth it if we all get what we want!xxx

Plus you can use it again and again :)

The only thing i wonder about with the Ebay ones is if they are ones that were returned due to faults and then fixed, but that is just a guess at how they sell them cheaper.

amazon do one for 85 with 20 sticks and 15 pg sticks, looks quite good deal.xx

LouiseB- I was exactly the same- convinced I was ovulating on CD14 as "thought" I was having ov pains but actually CD 18 thanks to first month using OPK's. Fingers crossed that means it's our months!!!
X

LouiseB- I was exactly the same- convinced I was ovulating on CD14 as "thought" I was having ov pains but actually CD 18 thanks to first month using OPK's. Fingers crossed that means it's our months!!!
X

I hope so too :) My husband is being such a trooper - we started doing it everyday this cycle and we've just extended it by 3 days so he's getting a little sore and so am i to be honest lol

Just have sex every other day and you're covered :) As recommended by my Dr :)

I tried every other day in previous cycles because i was scared about sperm count but i did a test and it showed his sperm count was just the same after consecutive days so now i'm going for the more the merrier lol

Althought the CBFM will hopefully mean we only have to do it a few days consecutively ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back