Terrorist threat

Amanda

Reaction score
I've got Sky news on at the minute and I'm sitting here in shock! :shock: They have uncovered a plot to blow up planes in mid-air from the UK to USA, and over 20 people have been arrested!!!

How scary is this????? No hand baggage is allowed except certain items that must be taken on in a clear plastic bag. No flights that are heading for Heathrow and haven't left their departure airport yet are now going to leave! Now they are saying not to even travel to Heathrow unless your flight is absolutely necessary!! :shock:

i know :shock: it was thought to have been more devastating than the 9/11 if it was executed. :(

scary stuff.

jase was working a night shift at teh airport last night, he came home just after 7 this morning and siad it was maddness there!

as the next shift was coming in to work they were having there food and drink taken away from them.

jase has to phone up later before he goes in to see what he is allowed to take.

xxx

i know its so scary isnt it?

whats the world coming too?

so glad i'm not about to go on holiday or anything as i would seriously rethink if i was :think:

thank god they found out in time
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

it amazes me how they find out about this stuff tho, how do they know??!

xx

Blimey Layla, I didn't realise Jase worked at the airport!! How scary is that?!

They've got some poor guy on the phone at the minute who is trying to fly out of Heathrow for his daughters wedding in Florida on Saturday. He doesn't think he's going to make it now. :(

lol, you make me giggle so mch :D

how do they know where to put the spys? lol

these ones are british born aswell arnt they?

doesnt look like they will ever give up, just glad they are getting caught out in time

xx

its so scarey u just dont know when anythin bad is going to happen these days :x

tankett said:
Blimey Layla, I didn't realise Jase worked at the airport!! How scary is that?!

They've got some poor guy on the phone at the minute who is trying to fly out of Heathrow for his daughters wedding in Florida on Saturday. He doesn't think he's going to make it now. :(

aww thats really sad :(

Jase works at Cardiff airport, so its not half as mad as it is in heathrow, my bro in law works at heathrow tho.

xx

Layla said:
lol, you make me giggle so mch :D

how do they know where to put the spys? lol

these ones are british born aswell arnt they?

doesnt look like they will ever give up, just glad they are getting caught out in time

xx

i was serious about the spys. spys are everywhere. People are followed bugged and set up.

oh my god it makes you think why did we bring these innocent babies into this mad world.

davina said:
oh my god it makes you think why did we bring these innocent babies into this mad world.

i know what you mean - their future is scary. But my boss used to say this to me when i was pregnant. i always used to say that i have to believe that it will get better and maybe some of the babies being born now are the next ghandi or martin luther king and will have a chance of making this world a better place.

imagine if their mothers had decided not to get pregnant because of the state of the world?

who knows what litte Liam and Alex will be capable of doing when they are big boys ! (if today is anything to go by alex will be a world champion raspberry blower - :think: raspberries the secret to world peace? :wink: )

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It so horrid what goes on. Why people want to muder others is just beyond me :(
There is so much going on that us laymons don't know about, if we did we probabl;y would never leave our front door!!

Glad i'm on maternity leave & not flying. I was working the day after 9/11 & have to say it was a pleasent flight. All the passemgers just got on the plane, sat down & didn't speak. I did get a couple of people however complaining that it was appalling that we were delayed :shock: there's always one!

My DH is not looking forward to going to work tomorrow (he's an air traffic controller & works in the control centre near Heathrow) its going to be mayhem :(

I've been watching it on Sky news (im not sure if English satellite is a blessing or a curse now.

I almost choke on my cornflakes. I can never quite get my head around this stuff, the why's that terrorists use to justify their plans are total crap. Some how it seems worse when the people planning this stuff are actually British born too.

Can you imagine the fatalities if they didn't come across the plans? It doesn't bare thinking about... :cry:

It makes me wonder what sort of world we are bringing children into...

i agree mel. they have all benfit of a western upbringing and education then turn round and do this. if they didnt like ti then they could have just left.
so many people have come to this country for a better life and we should be proud we have given it to them. the people who turn round and spit it back in faces are scum. what god would ever justify killing en-mass when you have no idea who those people are and waht they believe in?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My dads meant to be flying home from Edingburgh to Gatwick tommorow, i hope he doesnt get too much trouble getting home.

It's saying most arrested are pakistani origin but british born :think: WHY??? Why not go and try and bomb Bush or Blair, not innocent civilians.

Go get Blair in Barbados! not that I am condoning it, but leave out the innocent..... :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back