My travel plans... grrrrrrr

emilia

Reaction score
Oscar and I spent the morning in a smelly SA home office, trying to get an unabridged birth certificate for him so that we can apply for his British passport! Ok... seems straight forward... filled in form and paid what I was due. How long will it take (thinking I'll nip to the shops and pick it up later or in the morning)..... 3 MONTHS!!!!! Can you believe it?? They have a backlog and there is nothing I can do!
I spoke to British Consulate and they can't issue a first time passport without the unabridged birth certificate.

So, tomorrow we're off there again to apply for Oscars' SA passport. Should be ready in 6 weeks! Fingers crossed.

I'll try and get to UK mid Oct, although it's becoming increasingly difficult. It's your half term and most of the flights (economy seats) are mostly booked up until end of Oct.

So, now feeling a bit better knowing that Oscars' SA passport won't take that long - although it makes it a bit harder for us to enter the UK. I'm only a UK Resident as I never pulled my finger out and applied for citizenship. Although my residency is still valid - it just means that I have to go and join that horrendously long queue at Heathrow!!!! :? No doubt endless questions will follow... who, where, what, when etc.

Grrrrr... Grrrrr... Grrrrrrr!!!!! :D

Emilia xx

Awww hon :hug:

I really hope you do come over in Oct and we can meet :D :hug:

Kina said:
Awww hon :hug:

I really hope you do come over in Oct and we can meet :D :hug:

Just got my flights provisionally held...
Arrive London 20th October - Return 6th/9th November.

I'm thinking... London for 3 days, then train to Edinburgh via Birmingham . Approx. 2 weeks in Edinburgh - fly back to London.

Will keep you posted... all's well - was just the fact that Oscar won't get his UK passport, but he'll have SA one.

Yay :cheer:
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back