Wont be around for the rest of the week...

mamichuli

Reaction score
...coz I am coming to the UK! I dont think I mentioned it here, but my eldest, Jessica, has been staying with OH's parents for the spring term, so that she could get a taste of living in the UK and a different school system. She flew over in January and we are coming by car to collect her. It is going to be one hell of a long journey just for a long weekend, but i am really looking forward to it. :dance:
We contemplated her coming back by plane, but she has accumulated so much stuff in the last three months that it is cheaper for us to go to get her than to pay for her overweight baggage if she flies. :shock: (Apart from the fact that flights at this time are reeeeeeeeeally expensive)
In any case, we love travelling and it is a good excuse to take the new car (A citroen dispatch) for a good long drive! It is very big, so it should be quite comfortable.
I hope to take lots of piccies to post next week, as it will be Ani's first real big trip - I took her to the UK to see her grandparents in October, but she was so small that she didnt really take much in.

I am getting really excited! It will be fun to be in England for Easter, they dont make much of a fuss about Easter eggs and stuff here - you can get them, but there isnt much variety. Also we didnt get a holiday last year, due to the arrival of LO.
:cheer: :cheer: I am going on a trip :cheer: :cheer:

Lisa

Lisa

oooh cool have a safe trip :)
How long will it take you to get here?

The actual driving will be twelve/fourteen hours, but we intend to leave on Thursday am, stop somewhere in France for a picnic lunch (probably in the Clermont Ferraud (sp) area), and continue in the late afternoon so it isnt too hard on Vic (my nine year old) Ani isnt so much trouble coz she tends to sleep a lot in the car, but Vic gets bored. :roll: The chunnel train is at 6.00am, but i am told that if we get there earlier and there is room on an earlier train, they will let us go over before.

Should be fun...
:pray:
Lisa

have a good journey- hope our weather cheers up a bit! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member