Terrorist threat

beanie said:
after the 9/11 in the pub i worked at there was an elderly asian guy who came in for a pint. he has lived here for years but the day after the attacks no-one wanted to speak to him :(

owwwww thats a shame though. that does break my heart the poor old man. but on the other hand i can see why people are sour....

imagine if he was your grandad :cry:

After the July bombings one of my students came late in with his college rucksack nearly crying (and this is a big, strapping six-footer 18 year old) because no-one on the bus would sit next to him. The bus was packed with people standing and squashing away from him, so he got off and walked. I was really sad :cry:

The backlash off stuff like this on the young muslim community is huge. A lot of the teenagers where I work get really angry (white, black and muslim) and there are always fights and kick-offs!

Mind you, there are fights most days anyway...... :roll:

i used to live next to a jamacan guy since i was born and my dad saw him one day at asda and said hello and he ignored my dad. My dad thought it was odd because they had been really good friends. That afternoon my dad saw him and asked what was wrong and he said "i didnt think you would want to be seen speaking to a black man in public"!!!!!!! :shock:

Its a shame that the new ones have to suffeR!

Dionne, I work as an 'Entry to Employment' tutor, helping 16-19 year olds develop their job/social skills and find gainful employment/courses.

My training centre is in a really rough part of Brum so we get the 'hardest to help' kids, youth offenders, special learning needs etc.

I've been on leave a month now and am missing it, how sad's that?? :roll:

all this terrorist mullarkey annoys me in the fact that im bringin a bubba into a not very nice world :x

me and mike live in london so we were right in the middle of the bombings last yr, bloody scary!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back