Car seat laws in Switzerland / France

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
We are going skiing at the end of the month and we are booking a private transfer from Geneva airport to the resort we are staying in. We can either book the car seat with the transfer or take ours out on the flight with us. However taking it on the flight, means it is at risk from damage while in the hold / being drop kicked by baggage handlers. Do France and Switzerland have the same laws / standards required of car seats as the UK?

Thanks

Yes, Carseat laws are governed by the EU so France and Switzerland will be the same as the UK.

We hired a car through Europcar when we went to France in Sept and we also hired a car seat to avoid ours getting damaged in the hold but the car seat we were given was a really cheapy car seat so I wished that I had taken our own. I think some airlines let you take the car seat on the plane but we flew with Easyjet and Jake was only 10 months old so he wasn't allocated his own seat(we could have paid for him to have his own seat if we had wanted to).

We can take it on the plane in the hold (as we are flying British Airways) and it doesn't count towards Ellie's baggage allowance. Which is pretty impressive. We are just worried about it getting damaged on the flight out or back and then we are stuck at either airport with a dangerous or no seat. We didn't pay for Ellie to have her own seat, she will just be travelling on our laps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back