Teach your baby to read

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
hey girls

My Dad used this kit to teach me to read at a very young age and has been on at me to try it with Naomi. I don't think it afforded me any particular advantage to be able to read the newspaper headlines at three, but I have always loved books and reading.

Anyone ever try it and does anyone know where it can be got? Any opinions on rushing into reading? I'm a teacher, so you'd think I'd be all for it but I am strangely unenthused.

Sue

*smacks forehead*

The name of the kit was "teach your baby to read" by a Dr Glenn Doman.

Forgot to post that!

Sue

I know this message is a few weeks old but I thought I'd reply anyway! I'm really interested in getting that book and will have a look on Amazon. My parents taught myself and my brothers to read at an early age and we are all still complete bookworms! I think its a great gift to give your child - a passion for books that is. Even now I have so many friends that are envious of the way I can get engrossed in a good book. I believe it helps with your education and learning skills too because you have a wider vocabulary and a vivid imagination if you read a lot. Anyway thansk for the tip!

Katt x

Kit sounds interesting... however, didn't use any kit with my kids. Just started reading to them from 3 months. They're obsessed with reading at age 12 and 10.
Oscar just got his first book and loves it!!
Enjoy....
Emilia xx

Seren loves her cloth book but I think that has more to do with the fact it crinkles when you squeeze it. However she loves it when we read her a story, especially her Dr Suess pop up book as she can watch the pics move. She also tries and reads along with it too. I love reading and hope she does too.

We have read to Joshua every night since he was 6 months old and he loves stories. he follows the words with his fingers, even though he isnt really reading.

he can spell quite a lot of words though. he will be four in May

:oops: iv never read a book to Dior and she is 1yrs old!!!!!

well i tryed with her layin next to me in bed and she just jumped all over me and wanted to play fight instead, shes not the quietest of babies

I read to Jessica from an early age and she loves books now. Our favourites are picture recognition books..For a while now she has been able to pick out objects that I ask her too like, where is the ball, where is the kite and she can parrot them back to me.

If I point to things she can tell me what they are and she loves a story as well.

Its well worth having a go.

I read to Jessica from an early age and she loves books now. Our favourites are picture recognition books..For a while now she has been able to pick out objects that I ask her too like, where is the ball, where is the kite and she can parrot them back to me.

If I point to things she can tell me what they are and she loves a story as well.

Its well worth having a go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back