Swelling ... or lack of it??

Lindsay

Reaction score
When I was PG with my son, I swelled up really badly. This time I haven't at all, I can still wear my wedding rings and I have ankles, does this mean that LO is not ready to come into the world anytime soon? or do you not necessarily have to swell in order for baby to be born?
HELP?!!!

Xxx

Ive had the opposite hun, didnt swell at all last time, but this time have totally lost my ankles and feet!! Having to wear flip-flops a size and width bigger cos I cant get anything else on my feet - apart from my sloppy slippers!! :lol: I dont think it has any relevance on when LO is fully cooked though, just think its the weather being so warm thats affecting me this time as I carried through the winter and spring with my first so never had to deal with heat! 8) :hug:

I never swelled. I was warned to remove rings and stuff but i was fine right upto the end.

I don't think swelling up is a pre-requisite.

I swelled up bad with my son but also had pre-eclampsia and I'm swelling up this time too.

I'd didn't have any water retention at all during my pregnancy and certainly not in the run up to labour.

Each pregnancy is different so what you had with one does not mean you will experience the same with this one :)

Last time I didn't really swell up until the week my LO was born but this time my rings are already feeling tight. Strange really as I've put less weight on so far too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back