help please worried about my swelling

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
i was out walking quite a bit yesterday btu i was taking rests,
my swelling in my hands and feet has been resonable for the past couple of weeks but lastnight it got really bad i wasnt doing anything to make them swell just watching tv, my right foot started to swell so bad it actualy hurt i could feel it swelling,
went to bed and woke up today and knew that my feet were bad by the feeling in them they feel sprained and sore to touch in places they are really really swollen, my hands are also quite bad cant get my wedding rings off and they are normaly too big, my face feels a bit swollen aswell
i dont have a headache so dont think its anyting too bad
just wanted advice really or reasurance that everyone is swelling this much
can take pics of hands and feet if needed although dont have pics of non swelled feet or hands to compare with
any advice would be great
manda xx

I'd phone the midwife. Swelling can be a sign of pre-enclampsia so it's always best to get it checked out.
Some swelling is just normal in pregnancy though, I think it depends where the swelling is and how much.
I'd definately get it checked to be safe :hug: :hug:

I would call your midwife and ask for advice I haven't experienced anything like what you describe. My hands and feet are both slightly swollen but not excessive and neither am I in pain.

Try keeping your feet and hands elevated to try and take the swelling down a bit,but try and call your midwife. I dont want to worry you but I think swelling can be a sign of pre-ecampsia so probably check out your symptoms with your MW. Have you had your BP checked recently, how was it?

Keep us updated and hope everything is ok :hug:

i would call your midwife hun i had loads of swelling with the pre eclampcia and never had a headache :hug:

deffo call your mw as the swelling came on quickly, they will want to check your urine for protein and check your bp,i felt very well with thepre eclampsia good luck

hubby has just gone into panic lol
hes cooking me my fry-up then il give labour and delivery a call as midwife still off sick,
i had my bp done on friday it was 140/80 which is a bit high for me
thanks all
manda xx

rang them and been told to go down there
really dont want to as hate hospitals and people touching me
will keep you all updated
manda xx

I am glad you are going to get checked over, it did sound like it came on very suddenly. I really hope everything is ok. :hug: :hug:

am back all is well bp is fine now
she said i proberly over did it yesterday and to put my feet up today
hubby did get to hear babies heartbeat though for the first time which made his day :)
she said to go back down there if i start getting blurred vision or a headache above my eyes.
thanks everyone for there help feel a little foolish for going down there but as you all say its better to be checked over :hug:
manda xx

Definitely keep an eye on it. I got very swollen feet and ankles in my third trimester. My blood pressure was up too. Eventually I did get pre-eclampsia so make sure you are seeing your midwife regularly to be checked over.
Lucyx

Aw poor you Manda :hug:

You definitely did right to get checked out though! Glad it's all OK :hug:

I had huuuge fat feet wen preggers & swelled everywhere else, really do sympathise as its mega uncomfy :( :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Manda, I have EXACTLY the same, i wish i could show u my feet they are like elephants and quite sore and tender. This coupled with my high BP (160/110) is why i'm being monitored by hospital, i also get headaches, but they are saisfied i don't have pre-eclampsia because the MAJOR sign is lots of protein , pain in upper abdomen (not just baby lying awkwardly) and visual disturbances.
Thing is to elevate your feet above your heart, this helps swelling and get a few foot rubs to ease out the fluid :hug: :hug:

thanks all anna how can i elavate my feet above my heart??
hubby said stand on my head but i dont think that will work :)
manda xx

aww hun, I know how you feel! I have those very same elephant feet and sausage fingers :puke:

my toes hurt to move today where they are so swollen and stiff! Ive been resting as much as poss but I still wake up with deformed looking hands. Ive been advised to elevate feet above heart like Anna said. I lay on the floor with my feet up on the setee :) hope your go down a bit soon xx

hmm thanks hun only problem is i cant lay on my back because of the pain i get if i do that!!! :)
manda xx

you could lay on your side and sill have your feet up on a chair??

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back