Being induced....eeeekkk !

mummy2b73

Reaction score
Just back from seeing midwife had second sweep and induction booked for Friday........ ! I'm really nervous now it seems more real now.....Does anyone have experience of being induced i'm really not looking forward to it and not sure what to expect any comments or experiences of being induced would be appreciated and will hopefully help me prepare ...... Thanks in advance ladies x

Hey hunni cant offer advice re being induced just wanted to say hope its a quick easy one for you, just think how exciting you'll be holding your bubs by the weekend! xx

Watching with interest as I feel the same about mine xx

I was induced at 37 weeks. Mine was done via a 24 hour pessary it was inserted and was told when I got to 2 cm my waters would be broken. I had the pessary at 3pm and started with contractions at 1am (they never broke my waters as I went so quickly) and delivered her at 11am. She was my first. In my case the induction was not at all bad and happened quickly seeing as my first and when checked initally my cervix wasent favourable. The best advice I can give you is try to relax about it and keep positive and keep active and moving I do believe it helped me! XX

I was induced at 37 weeks. Mine was done via a 24 hour pessary it was inserted and was told when I got to 2 cm my waters would be broken. I had the pessary at 3pm and started with contractions at 1am (they never broke my waters as I went so quickly) and delivered her at 11am. She was my first. In my case the induction was not at all bad and happened quickly seeing as my first and when checked initally my cervix wasent favourable. The best advice I can give you is try to relax about it and keep positive and keep active and moving I do believe it helped me! XX

That's just what I wanted to hear glad your induction was a positive experience thanks for taking the time to respond

Hey hun, i was induced at the Bolton hospital (just noticed under your avatar it says Bolton)
Basically what happened with me was, i was given a bed on a 4 bed ward, around 12 lunch the Midwife came round, put in the propess (looks abit like a tampon) which releases a prostaglandin to ripen the cervix and put you in labour) They usually monitor you for a hour or so to make sure baby has reacted okay with it, then you are encouraged to walk around/be active. If you are in labour by 8pm then your partner can stay but otherwise they have to leave, then they come and check you the next day (24hours later) to see if you are dilated or if not then another one inserted.

It was uncomfortable for me but lots say its fine! I was well into labour 16 hours after they put it in, but waited til the next day for o/h to come as he had had no sleep with worrying lol, i was induced at 39 weeks if that helps.

I'l be getting induced this time round also at 38 weeks due to GD.

xxx

fx all goes well for you,, will keeping an eye out for updates xxx

I have no experience hun, but I'm like u being induced for the first time on monday, I'm really excited to be honest because it means I get to meet my little boy a week early just relax and not worry too much x

Hi hun, I was induced at 42 weeks with my first son. I was induced on the Friday morning & contractions started quite hastily around 1pm. I was very anxious & upset about being induced as I wanted a water birth. I strongly believe my anxiety made my contractions stronger (as I know now the uterus has to work twice as hard when a woman is tense). On Saturday afternoon I had an epidural & my son was born on Sunday following forceps and an emergency procedure for shoulder distocia (which is very rare).
I'm due to be induced tomorrow with my 2nd son. I'm being induced 2 weeks early to reduce risk of shoulder distocia again as this baby is also big. I feel very relaxed & calm & have been practising hypno birthing which I'm hoping will help me enjoy the whole experience this time round. I believe if you go in with a calm & confident attitude & trust in yourself & your body, the whole experience will be a positive one. Watch this space!!

Wishing you all the best for your induction xxx

Hey hun, i was induced at the Bolton hospital (just noticed under your avatar it says Bolton)
Basically what happened with me was, i was given a bed on a 4 bed ward, around 12 lunch the Midwife came round, put in the propess (looks abit like a tampon) which releases a prostaglandin to ripen the cervix and put you in labour) They usually monitor you for a hour or so to make sure baby has reacted okay with it, then you are encouraged to walk around/be active. If you are in labour by 8pm then your partner can stay but otherwise they have to leave, then they come and check you the next day (24hours later) to see if you are dilated or if not then another one inserted.

It was uncomfortable for me but lots say its fine! I was well into labour 16 hours after they put it in, but waited til the next day for o/h to come as he had had no sleep with worrying lol, i was induced at 39 weeks if that helps.

xxx

Thanks for the reply. Yep I'm going to royal Bolton. Went viewing the new facilities there the other week it's all seems very nice now.

xxx

Thanks for the reply. Yep I'm going to royal Bolton. Went viewing the new facilities there the other week it's all seems very nice now.

The delivery rooms are quite lovely! Also very modern x

Just back from seeing midwife had second sweep and induction booked for Friday........ ! I'm really nervous now it seems more real now.....Does anyone have experience of being induced i'm really not looking forward to it and not sure what to expect any comments or experiences of being induced would be appreciated and will hopefully help me prepare ...... Thanks in advance ladies x

I was induced and its not as bad as people make out I headed so many horror story's and got myself all worried but my induction went great. I went in at 8 in the morning and had delivered ruby by 10.45pm .

I had gas and air and an injection diamorphine , the diamorphine is great it made me really sleep and I managed to get some sleep.

Xxx

Good luck hun x i am expecting an induction too so will keep an eye out for a blow by blow account of your experience. xx

Oooo it's exciting to get a date but hopefully you'll go in before then. Good luck xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back