Sweep

Mice_Elf

Reaction score
This may sound like a daft question, but what do they do at a sweep?

I'm due next Wednesday, & have an appointment then to see how it's going, in case Bump hasn't made an appearance. At that appt, they will discuss having a sweep, as they don't want to induce due to a previous c-section with my daughter.

Do they actually break your waters & try to get you going, or just have a mookle about to see if it will trigger something?

Should have asked the midwife, when I was there, really...... :)

Basically they (excuse the crudeness) put a couple of fingers up and move the membranes from one side to the other - clearing them out of the way. I think it's a case of stirring things up a bit!

Ah yes....that dignity thing that you're not supposed to lose giving birth, yes?

LOL....

C'mon Baby....time to get out of here....:D

never got offered one with my other two children, they were both overdue, but if i get to due date this time i will be asking for one! :D

they sweep their finger around ur cervix to separate the membranes, ur waters dont break, i had it when i was one day overdue and it didnt work for me, i still went 12 days over, it seems to work on most people though, my friend had it at 39 weeks because she was gettin it bad being pregnant and got contractions almost straight away..

Am hopeful I won't need one.... TMI but lost my mucus plug this morning & back has been aching since, so maybe it's the start of something... I'm hoping so, anyway.

C'mon little one....time to be evicted! :D

Does it hurt? Or is it just like getting a smear test done?

Either way I'll make an idiot of myself if I get one. I act like I am being tortured when getting a smear! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back