Stretch Marks

weefoggy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm starting to get a nice little bump now so think it's time to invest in something to try and prevent stretch marks. Can anyone recommend the best one to use? I know of bio oil and palms cocoa butter...do these work and which is best??

Thanks in advance!

xx

Last edited:
U can't prevent stretch marks Hun. If ur mum has them it's very likely that u will too.

I use palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks and have only just got my first 2 but there is no way of stopping them altogether xx

Moisturising is making me feel like I am doing something proactive, though it is probably futile. I have them from growing as a youngster so it's only a matter of time :(

You can use any moisturiser to keep your skin supple.

Bio Oil is the best... You can actually get rid of stretch marks with Bio-Oil..x

I've got bio oil and palmers. Tbh I prefer palmers and smells nice and not greasy but I hear good things about bio oil. I've to lots of stretch marks underneath bump now. My Mum had none :roll: so not necessarily heriditary. Think if you're going to get them, you're going to get them. Nothing wrong in trying to prevent though! xx

Hiya I used bio oil all the time when I was preg with my son, drops in the bath and also rubbed it on my belly and hips after a bath or shower. I also used palmers pregnancy cream every morning and night and I still got loads of stretch marks :(

You just can't stop them, although I tell myself I might have got a lot more if I didn't use it.

It's the one thing I really hated but honestly they do fade, using bio oil after as well as during pregnancy helps to tone them down a bit. Mine were bright red but now just silvery and feint, although some on my hips are quite thick :( So don't gorged ur hips and the tops of ur thighs!

I'd always say use these kinds of creams to help, but don't get upset if you still get some marks, almost everyone has them. (my damn muffin top gets to me more!!!!) haha xxx

I used Bio oil twice a day from month three and was MASSIVE. I went through two large pots of it and despite having stretch marks on my hips from growing when younger i didn't get one when I was pregant. My Mum did have a few. Who knows but I love Bio Oil, made me feel as though i was doing something even if I wasn't.

I used Bio oil with mine and they did reduce the redness. Im planning on buying some more for this pregnancy as i found it helped x

Thanks for your replies ladies, I suppose if i'm going to get them there's probably not much I can do but I want to feel I'm doing something like some of you have said! Even if it helps to reduce their appearance....Off to boots today for some bio oil methinks! Xx

Bio Oil is the best... You can actually get rid of stretch marks with Bio-Oil..x

thats aload of crap, I used bio oil on pre pregnancy ones I had from weight gain it just made them go more pinkinish skin colour. It didn't get rid of them.

Like everyone has said you can't prevent them. I have them from my son and am going to get them again. I just think I choose to be a mother so they are my trophys of carrying my son so I'm proud of them. I may not be prefect but I'm not shallow x :D

Last edited:
I don't think you can prevent them, no matter how much these brands try telling you you can if you use their product.
However, I've been using something since about the 8th week of pregnancy, because it makes me feel better like it might possibly help somewhat :D

I've been using Palmers cocoa butter, and just began using The Santuary's stretch mark oil, which is really good!

I don't think you can prevent them, no matter how much these brands try telling you you can if you use their product.
However, I've been using something since about the 8th week of pregnancy, because it makes me feel better like it might possibly help somewhat :D

I've been using Palmers cocoa butter, and just began using The Santuary's stretch mark oil, which is really good!

I love the smell of sanctuary stuff, i might get some of that too!

I'm allergic to bio oil so have to suffer don't like palmers cuz it's feels really greasy to me I use asda's little angels on my bump or if I haven't got any of that aqueous cream seems to work well but I had loads of stretch marks on my tummy for being over weight growing up and they don't bother me that much husband is bothered with them at all he knows they are a part of me no matter what x

bio oil and mum to be sanctuary stretch mark oil.... both been fab for me!! i have not used them religiously, but have been slapping them on couple times a week and i dont have any stretch marks yet... xxx

i use the Sanctuary stretch mark oil as I find oils are better than creams.
You cant prevent stretch marks however, its still such a good idea to use something because your skin is stretching so much that for me, the itchiness of tight skin gets on my nerves and I find moisturising and using oil calms the skin down as ur making it supple and giving it a bit more room to stretch out :)

I used bio oil and palmers and my bottom half of bump is covered with stretch marks lol

i already have stretch marks on my hips and thighs from adolescence, but have been using palmers cocoa butter lotion since the bump started growing and i havent even seen one stretch mark on tummy yet, fingers crossed. i dont noe if palmers is doing it or if i just was not gonna get stretch marks anyway but i love the chocolatey smell and the soft and supple feeling it gives to my skin, not to mention moisturises well.

bio oil and palmers all the way iv got some with having twins, but not as bad as couldve been without using it x

I've used bio oil and a moisteriser from mothercare too and my bump is absolutely covered in stretch marks :(. I don't think any product will prevent you from getting them. I think some just help to make them fade over time x

thats aload of crap, I used bio oil on pre pregnancy ones I had from weight gain it just made them go more pinkinish skin colour. It didn't get rid of them.

Like everyone has said you can't prevent them. I have them from my son and am going to get them again. I just think I choose to be a mother so they are my trophys of carrying my son so I'm proud of them. I may not be prefect but I'm not shallow x :D

I've done it on a client and completely got rid of them just using bio-oil so it wasnt a load of crap for her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back