Stretch marks

i dont have any except 3 on one of my boobs.

but my belly is all clear so fingers crossed ive dodged them xx

i dont have any except 3 on one of my boobs.

but my belly is all clear so fingers crossed ive dodged them xx

oooo fingers crossed hope im only 33 weeks just now and dont have any but there is still time, but its prob safe to say you want have any now lucky you hehe

I haven't got any so far! Fingers crossed! My mum and gram didn't have any at all - they look like thy never were pregnant! Mum especially was so huge with my brother that everyone thought and insisted to her that she was having twins! She's only 5 foot tall so looked like a ball at 9 mths. I have the same skin type as mum and gram so I'm pretty hopeful...:)

I just wanted to say that how much cream and/or oil you put on your skin or not if you are prone to get stretchmarks you will get them and nothing will prevent it. The moisture that comes in the skin while cream is applied is only the first (and sometimes) second layer of skin, but the cracks that appear when skin is overstretched is below that so you can never moisturize that part.

It is said that very young women get it a lot more in pregnancy compared to older (meaning over 30) women (why I don't remember).

I didn't get any until I was 37 weeks, then I got a few small ones, but after 40 weeks I got so many long and big ones I could just see the skin crack and they are very wide (about 0.5 inch) and 6 to 8 inch long (on my side/hips). They were dark purple and looked like some animal grabbed me with his/her claws.

Now a little over a year later they are still visible but mostly white/light pink colour. I don't bother putting stuff on because it won't fade them, the only thing that makes them fade is ' time'.

I also had stretch marks (small ones) on my legs during puberty but I also think it has something to do with the hormone levels in your body and not only weightgain.

My husband has stretch marks in his armpits (how odd is that? and he doens't do work outs in the gym so it is not from weight gain/muscle growth).

I just wanted to say that how much cream and/or oil you put on your skin or not if you are prone to get stretchmarks you will get them and nothing will prevent it. The moisture that comes in the skin while cream is applied is only the first (and sometimes) second layer of skin, but the cracks that appear when skin is overstretched is below that so you can never moisturize that part.

It is said that very young women get it a lot more in pregnancy compared to older (meaning over 30) women (why I don't remember).

I didn't get any until I was 37 weeks, then I got a few small ones, but after 40 weeks I got so many long and big ones I could just see the skin crack and they are very wide (about 0.5 inch) and 6 to 8 inch long (on my side/hips). They were dark purple and looked like some animal grabbed me with his/her claws.

Now a little over a year later they are still visible but mostly white/light pink colour. I don't bother putting stuff on because it won't fade them, the only thing that makes them fade is ' time'.

I also had stretch marks (small ones) on my legs during puberty but I also think it has something to do with the hormone levels in your body and not only weightgain.

My husband has stretch marks in his armpits (how odd is that? and he doens't do work outs in the gym so it is not from weight gain/muscle growth).

so you get stretch marks after 40 weeks hmmmm never knew that everyone keeps telling me you wont get any after you have the baby.

you can only use bio oil and hope for the best its worked for me up to now so can only hope hehe and also people i know who has suffered real bad from stretch marks have used it and it really has worked and reduced them down a little. But i understand what your saying about different skin types x

Last edited:

so you get stretch marks after 40 weeks hmmmm never knew that everyone keeps telling me you wont get any after you have the baby.

you can only use bio oil and hope for the best its worked for me up to now so can only hope hehe and also people i know who has suffered real bad from stretch marks have used it and it really has worked and reduced them down a little. But i understand what your saying about different skin types x

my baby was born at 40weeks 5 days (so no I didn't get stretchmarks postpartum). Bio oil also only nourishes the skin, I used cream and oil throuhout my entire pregnancy but got the stretchmarks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back