Stopping but struggling

beatlesbaby66

Reaction score
well it has been 3.5 weeks since i last had a proper smoke. i was outside just before doing my preg test. i miscarried last week and have had 2 puffs on a cig and thats it. struggling this week but just wanted to give everyone whos trying to stop a big :clap: :hug: :clap: as i dont think anyone who hasnt smoked properly can ever know what a struggle it is to give up. keep going everyone and thanks for all your help, reading your stories has helped a lot.
bxox

so sorry about your MC hunny it must be extra hard for you giving up :hug:

im still finding it very hard to give up but im down to3 but its still 3 too many

if you ever need to chat just pm me anytime

Take care hun
:hug:
xxxxx

keep at it girls im at 2 weeks now and not 1 puff :D am using the lozenges and finding it quite easy most of the time with them i couldnt do it without them xxxxxxxxxx

Hi BB66

I'm with you on this - it is such a hard thing to do and anyone who hasn't tried to quit doesn't know how tough it is.

I did quit and I can tell you YOU CAN DO IT and I'm really :cheer: cheering you guys on.

It's so important to quit for your babies, so that gives you a non-selfish reson to add to your list of why you want to quit:
- not stink of ashtrays anymore
- have more money
- be able to fly without panicking about not having a smoke
- enjoy smoke-free pubs...they're coming!
- live longer durrrrrrrrr
- feel F-F-F-FANTASTIC becuase you ARE strong enough to beat the weed.
Add to this list or re-read it everytime you're feeling down. Remember the craves only last a few minutes...breathe deeply - that really helped me.

Good luck everyone quitting or thinking about it xxx

aawww thanks, you have just stopped me lighting up. had really bad day and have been sitting looking at a cig for the last 2 hours!! thanks again, your words really help...

I know exactly what you are posting.... I quit smoking 18 months ago, I used to smoke 20 a day! I started by reducing my cigs and got to 10 a day before I quit, cold turkey! I started using patches, but I am allergic to them, I got a big red mark wherever I put the patch, so I just made myself stop cold.

I feel amazing now, and all the struggle was worth it. Quitting is my biggest acheivement, and I am now very anti-smoking - I can't stand the smell! How times change!

My dad always says yu should quit with the number 3:

1. Craving last for 3 minutes

2. 3 hours after quitting craving should reduce - your first milestone

3. 3 days, you'll want to smoke but keep pushing through 1 & 2 - your 2nd milestone.

4. 3 weeks after quitting and you've been working through the first 3 points, you'll find it difficult to go out and not smoke (especially if your friends smoke), but you should have 3 times more money left from your wages than you would normally have. Spend this on something nice for yourself that you can wear as a symbol. (I bought a bracelet that I would look at to prove to myself I could quit smoking and benefit in more ways than 1). Its not about spending the money, its about marking the acheivement, you are obviously benefitting you health but you can't see that happening, as its internal.

5 3 months down the line, and you feel a sense of acheivement, and beleif that you really are making large steps down the quitting path. You should feel healthier - you should be losing you cough if you were unlucky enough to develop one as your lungs cleared themselves out, you should be able to sit confidently in the pub without smoking.

6. Now the home straight - the big one, keep pushing through until you get to 3 years. Take a good look back at your journey.

It helped me, I'm halfway through point 6, so according to my dad i'm still quitting, but i can say with confidence, and beleive it, that i will not smoke again.

GOOD LUCK to everyone who is quitting, I know the journey is long and hard but it is truly worth it.

:pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back