Stopping smoking on Jan 1st - who's joining me?

So far today i have been fine :)
This afternoon will be a test, my friends are coming over with their kids. One of them smokes and we normally nip out for a sly one together. If she wants one then she'll have to stand out in the cold on her own!

Oooh!!! Best of luck with your friends coming over hun.... I knwo you will do brill as you already have done!!

My test will be Sat when I go to my SIL's as she smokes loads and we usually go outside while the kiddies play.

It was fine. I popped a lozenge in when she went out for one but to honest this smell that came back in with her was minging! It more than put me off!

Good luck ladies.. i found the nicotine puffer that looks like a tampon helped as i had something to do with my hands.. also use straws and try the allen carr book..

You are now officially A NON SMOKER!! :cheer:

Claire x

i've been smoke free for a week now the last 2 days has been hard due to af and pmt and an aggrovating husband lol but i feel so much healthier already but yet i'm eating like a pig andone else like this?

Im eating too much too but fook it ill deal with that later :rotfl:

I know compared to cake they are rubbish but try having carrot sticks chopped up and ready to eat in the fridge for nibbles :)

Good luck girls and stick to it!

Nice to see a few have given up on my birthday! :lol:

How's it going girls? Gets easier doesn't it? :D

keep going girls :clap: :dance:
i gave up jan 1st last year and havent gone back to them so it can be done and i promise it does get easier!

How are you all doing?

I wont lie to you, I had one the other night after some bad news - I know I shouldnt have, but I was shaking like a leaf and nobody was here so I caved!

I haven't had another since tho

SarahH said:
How are you all doing?

I wont lie to you, I had one the other night after some bad news - I know I shouldnt have, but I was shaking like a leaf and nobody was here so I caved!

I haven't had another since tho

Im assuming that was the news you gave us from Tracey hun. I dont blame you in the slightest :hug:

Im doing ok but i had a horrible experience driving home to Leeds from Durham last night (must post about that actually) and i almost cracked, i ate a bar of chocolate instead :oops: I weigh 9st 12lbs now i've out on 7lbs since i stopped smoking :( Im starting the slimfast diet tomorrow!

Aw Mel, don't be daft - 7lbs is nothing in the grand scheme of things! Get the smoking kicked for good and then worry about the weight - the last thing you need to be doing at the moment is a meal replacement diet (particularly when you've still to make meals for Thea, which must be so difficult when doing something like this kind of diet), just concentrate on kicking the cigs! Mind you, I think Sarah has been doing a detox and doing well, so maybe it does work and you should ignore me!

Well done everyone - I'll bet thats the hardest part over!

Valentine Xxx

I still keep saying to Hubby "I want a ciggie" but i think its just for the point of saying it :lol: I havent had one though and your right seems to be getting easier.
Test will be on Monday when my mum and step dad are coming to visit for a few days, luckily in a b and b!! they smoke like no tomorrow :?

Well done everyone, I think weve all done really well,now wheres that cake!!

Still going strong, how is everyone else doing? Good luck with the testing situations. My future SIL will be here tomorrow and usually she likes leading me astray, but I'm not worried at all, weirdly.

Keep it up! You can all do this :hug: Its easy once you get past this initial first bit :)

I've had a few moments where i really wanted to just say sod it and have one because i was upset and stressed but i havent because i know i'll feel worse if i give in. I've been really down lately because of how much weight i've put on, i've only got one pair of jeans i can actually do up now :( I know starting smoking again wont help me feel better though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back