Struggling with BF, Advice please? *UPDATED PG3*

Jo- I could have written the start of this post- Maisie is 2 days old today and I think I have managed to get her to latch on not too badly now but she just falls asleep after a few sucks. We are putting her on every hour or so during the day and every couple during the night. I hope when my milk comes in everything will settle a bit.

Reading this has REALLY helped me too- thanks everyone for the great advice you all give :hug: :hug: :hug:

fothers said:
Jo- I could have written the start of this post- Maisie is 2 days old today and I think I have managed to get her to latch on not too badly now but she just falls asleep after a few sucks. We are putting her on every hour or so during the day and every couple during the night. I hope when my milk comes in everything will settle a bit.

Reading this has REALLY helped me too- thanks everyone for the great advice you all give :hug: :hug: :hug:

Massive congrats chick :D:D

Yeh its tough isnt it, ive wanted to give up so many times already and just cried my eyes out but things are seeming to get easier... i think! lol just hoping nipples start to become a little less sore soon.

Good luck chick, im sure we can both do it if we persevere but if not its not the end of the world eh?! x

i feel so sorry for you both.. coz it is so painfull the 1st few days..but.. seriosuly.. it does ease.. in a few days/weeks you will be giving advise to other new mums with the same problems.. crying is really good for you to.. coz it helps you release the hormone you need to produce milk..

I sympathise,bf is MUCH harder at beginning.But it's worth it in long run.I think about losing my freedom if I stopped bf to give me incentive to keep going.U can come & go as you like without planning ur outings with bottles & formula.I used 2 cover nips with kamillosan & shove on a breast pad.Just wipe off excess to feed.Although it's hard it's best 2 keep feeding,otherwise u will actually take longer 2 heal & may end up in more pain with engorgment. KEEP GOING! It's a battle u'll be so proud 2 win. x

(Sorry Mid)

If you girls want some reading to see how difficult it was for others, check out some of Midna's posts when she just started breastfeeding, and she's managed to get through it.

Mine wasn't great but no way near as tough as she had it with seed being on 24/7.

And mid's posts make good reading anyway :rotfl:

midna said:
Up till 6 weeks my girl was constantly on my nipple lol shes thankfully settling down now :D ..a good 18 out of 24 hours she was attatched and its got less and less by the week *phew*

There are more funny ones but I'm tired and that's the most reassuring one I can find for the time being :)

hey jo, i had exactly the same problem with holly falling asleep on me and the night feeds were taking upto to 3hrs. I was shattered and i was worried she wasnt getting enough food, cos she just seemed to suck for a minute then sleep for 10. I decided to give her a bottle of expressed milk to see how much she was taking and it worked really well. I now express in the morning and give her a bottle when she wakes in the night, alongside breastfeeding - which took a while to master by the way. There is no confusion with her and it means that OH and I share the night feeds.

You need to do whatever is best for you and Ellie (gorgeous name by the way)...

The first 6 weeks are the hardest of all... I told mid that if she could get over that 6 week hump... it becomes plain sailing AND its the most wonderful feeling in the world...

My nipples are sore and cracked atm... my milk came in yesterday and my boobs because they haven't been emptied properly because of the stupid effing hospital and its "breastfeeding" neonates policy... hurt like anything.. but I refuse to stop because I forgot how lovely it is.

Besides when little miss latches on.. I just sit awkwardly on my stitches.. and then all I can think about it the agony that is my bajingo... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: The pain in my nips is nothing compared to that. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back