Today is the day..

Amanda W

Reaction score
Okay a few of you may know ive been trying to quit smoking and when i do have a cig it makes me feel as if im gonna be sick.But i have had one cig and i didnt even enjoy it i know your gonna read this and think how can you do this and belive me i hate it because i keep thinking of my tiny baby its not fair to her so today is the day i QUIT cold turkey i know i can do it and now i have the best reason to stop for my little one's sake.For those who have never smoked you wont understand how hard it is to quit esp when your friends and partner all smoke all around you ive told my fella not to smoke near me and he has agreed not to and also he said he will cut down for my sake which i find very nice of him.

I know one thing i wont smoke once the baby is born and thats a promoise so everyone please wish me lucky i will try and update on here everyday.

Please dont judge me because i smoke im trying to quit from this day.......:whistle:

Goodluck! I quit while pregnant with lacey cos i couldn't handle the sickness and i felt so proud of myself!! OH and other people carried on smoking around me though which wasn't nice! Be firm with other people cos passive smokking can hurt the baby too!!!

Last edited:
Thank You hun i know im gonna try my hardest i know i can do this...I now have a bad taste in my mouth which i cant seem to shake x

Aw hun i know EXACTLY how you feel i packed in for nearly 7 month now without any help just went cold turkey

and havent had 1 fag since mothers day :) apart from the other week i had a toot on my dads

stop smoking inhaler:oooo:

Its soooo hard i know, but your body doesn't NEED fags. As soon as you get out of the habbit

of picking up a fag...after meals...when your stressed its so much easier. Keep thinking of the

little one. I know you can do it :) xxx

Last edited:
Aw hun i know EXACTLY how you feel i packed in for nearly 7 month now without any help just went cold turkey

and havent had 1 fag since mothers day :) apart from the other week i had a toot on my dads

stop smoking inhaler:oooo:

Its soooo hard i know, but your body doesn't NEED fags. As soon as you get out of the habbit

of picking up a fag...after meals...when your stressed its so much easier. Keep thinking of the

little one. I know you can do it :) xxx

Thank You very much that means so much to me
:roll:

Good luck Amanda. I'm so glad your OH is being supportive. I think habit plays such a big part of it, especially when you're at the stage where you're not enjoying it. It's hard, but we're here for you :)

Good luck. I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks, and haven't had one since. It is doable If you really try. Go team!! Lol. X

i too am a smoker i am down to 4 a day now, i wil have 3 tomorrow 2 day after well thats the plan, i never give up in te first 12 weeks cause i had 5 miscarraige all a few days after i gave up, so wit my last i cut down and dd't miscarry, now it may have had nothing to do with it, but i wan't taking that chance again. it i very hard to give up especally when you dont have 1 you feel sick and shaky welli have been. I am being sent to a non smoking counciller to help me aswell midwife reffered me and even if you dont want the gum or anything they will try and be encouraging to you, so i thought i would give it a go.

I gave up when I found out but have slipped and had a couple of whiffs but not a full cig, I have felt dead guilty after smoking though

i quiet befor i start ttc as i was told it made a big difference and once you smell smoke on someone it will be enough to put you off for life smelling stale fags on your child is rancid and i cant believe i used to do it make sure everyone in your house smokes outside as well will make it easier for you good luck

Thanks for the support everyone i have had about 3 today was upset before so that didnt help.But at least i can tell the truth about it next update tomoz xx

Hi Amanda,
How did yesterday go? I've managed to cut down to 5 a day I was a really heavy smoker. I've been referred to the smoking cessation midwife too. I've tried to do it cold turkey and I can't. Get really upset and stressed and that's not good either. I feel guilty everytime too! But I know I've cut down heaps and I'm hoping I'll quit completely with the help of the midwife.
I thought it would be a lot easier lol!
Good luck!

X x x x

Think i had 4 yesterday and roughly the same today but when i light up baby kicks me is that a sign? Im still trying x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back