Still down after ectopic

bute69

Reaction score
I had an ectopic pregnancy and bled at 5 weeks throughout most of June. it was unusual and was growing in the neck of the womb, but luckily reabsorbed so no need for op or injection. I was pretty down, but thought I'd got over it. This was my 2nd pregnancy and I have a lovely 18 month old little boy. My OH told me a few Weeks ago that his friends girlfriend is pregnant. I burst into tears! I had no idea that hearing that someone else was pregnant would have that effect on me. I've since found myself thinking about what could have been quite a lot. My baby would have been due in January and I keep thinking of how far along I would be now and how a bump would now be present etc. Is this normal to be down and thinking about it 3 months after it happened. I've even told my OH that I really don't want to hear about his mates girlfriends pregnancy.

I'm really sorry for your loss. It takes people different lengths of time to come to terms with a loss and you may always think of what might have been. It's only natural to be upset to hear news of a pregnancy elsewhere and can feel like you're going through it all over again. I had a miscarriage at the end I'd may, though luckily not ectopic, my baby would also have been due in January. It was a strange time as we weren't trying do it was a shock so I didn't know what to think. When we started trying for a baby I became more upset about the miscarriage than I was at the time it happened.

All I can say is that if you're trying again, it will happen for you one day and I'm sure it'll work out this time. I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant and consider myself very lucky.

Take care of yourself and try not to worry about the length of time you're feeling like this xx

Thank you for your reply :) Congratulations on your pregnancy. I so hope I get pregnant soon too.

Im sorry for your loss and it is normal to feel the way you are. It is hard when you think about the what ifs. Im just coming up to the 2 year anniversary due date of my mc and I still think about what would have been. The best bit about this year is I finally got myvbaby and he is 3 months so keeps me busy enough and full of joy at a sad time. Good luck with ttc!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back