Still don't know how I feel

Mik

Reaction score
Hiya, this is a fourth baby and was a huge shock. I was on the pill and taking some pretty scary medicine for fibromyalgia at the time we conceived so at first my mind was torn between worrying sick that the medicine had done something to the baby and the fact my husband went into a massive strop about the baby.
I have had my first scan and although they can't say if the medicine has done anything until the 20 week scan there was a good strong heartbeat and lots of kicking and wriggling so it looks positive. Hubby is still in the moods about it though and I am finding it hard to cope.
I have been especially exhausted this time round and the morning (more like all bloomin day) sickness is atrocious and with my illness I haven't been up to doing too much around the house the past few weeks. SO I feel guilty that I have gotten pregnant cos he is unhappy about it (I know it takes 2 but it doesn't feel like that at the moment), I feel guilty that I have been so ill I have been useless around the house and I feel guilty that unlike my other 5 pregnancies (2 mc's) I am not jumping up and down over the moon.

Has any-one else had these feelings? I am so worried hubby will not come round and will never treat this baby the same way as our three monsters but I can't even consider the A word and he knows that.

Hi hun

We tried for this baby and when I got my BFP I was totally in shock, what I have I done, and my OH is not really happy about it as he is worried about money etc. Its only been 2 weeks since our BFP and both me and my OH are slowly coming to round. Im sure you and ur OH will come round, just wait till u can feel baby etc. I think u should just wait and try not to worry about things Im sure it will be fine.

I didnt relise I was pregnant with my 1st and used to drink and do other naughty stuff and I was so worried it would effect her, I now have a bossy independent 4 yr old :rotfl:

Im sure things will be fine hun :hug: :hug:

Hiya Mik :hug:

I know how you feel hun, i have just found out i am pregnant with my 4th baby too. It certainly wasn't planned i was on the pill too and antibiotics must of stopped it working. I was due to start uni in september and because it was a nursing degree i couldn't start so have to wait a whole year now.
My husband isn't best pleased either but i explained that a termination would psychologically scar me for the rest of my life and after telling him that if i was made to go through with it our marriage would be over he soon got his act together!
But things still feel a little strained and he isn't 100% happy - its more a we will have to deal with it attitude which still upsets me a bit.
In my belief we are given a baby for a reason, even if it doesn't fit into our plans, hope or dreams at the time the joy that they bring into our lives is worth it all.
I am sure that once the baby arrives your husband will love it just as much as your others.

Try not to worry yourself xxx

Thanks, it is nice to know I am not alone in not feeling overjoyed about it all (yet). I am happy about it when I think about it but I seem to spend so much time worrying about his reaction that I don't have time to think about it. God I sound screwed up don't I? :rotfl: :rotfl: usually I am quite normal honest.

I'm another one with an accidental 4th baby on the way! We are a bunch of fertile girls eh?! :wink:

I'm sorry your OH is having a tough time getting used to it but it is still early days and a lot to get used to. My OH is happy about the baby but totally unsympathetic to how knackered and ill I feel. :sleep: :puke: Probably cos it's not a novelty anymore. Also, at the moment there is no outward evidence of the pregnancy so I'm sure he forgets, whereas I can barely think of anything else! :)

Hope things improve soon. By the way, think we have similar due dates. I'm due 8th March. How old are your other kids?

I am due 8th March too lol my others are 8,5 and 4 they will be 9,6,and 4 when baby arrives. I am a bit nervous about this as well as we deliberately had our 3 close together and now this one seems to be so long after the others. They will all be in full time school when baby arrives though so I will have plenty of time for naps :sleep:

:cheer: congratulations on your pregnancy :cheer:

I do hope your hubby comes round, and im sure, in time, he will do.

it does take TWO to tango and so you shouldn't feel guilty - accident's happen, im sure this baby will be loved by your hubby as much as your other three children. just give him a bit of time.

:hug:

Hi Mik

I'm not surprised your feeling worried and perhaps not as excited as you have been with your previous pregnancies. As well as worrying about the medication that you were taking in early pregnancy, your also worried about your husbands feeling with regards to this pregnancy and on top of that your feeling lousy all the time. Perhaps your husbands has the same worries and concerns that you have?? He probably needs a bit more time to accept this pregnancy, it's your body that's going through all the changes so it's on your mind all the time, whereas he's not having to think about it all the time as it's not his body going through all the yucky feelings and so on. I'm sure once your baby arrives your husband will have come round and love it just as much as your other 3. :)

Just try to take things easy and pray that all is ok at your 20 week scan, it all sounds like it's well from your dating scan

Good luck :)

Hiya, this is a fourth baby and was a huge shock. I was on the pill and taking some pretty scary medicine for fibromyalgia at the time we conceived so at first my mind was torn between worrying sick that the medicine had done something to the baby and the fact my husband went into a massive strop about the baby.
I have had my first scan and although they can't say if the medicine has done anything until the 20 week scan there was a good strong heartbeat and lots of kicking and wriggling so it looks positive. Hubby is still in the moods about it though and I am finding it hard to cope.
I have been especially exhausted this time round and the morning (more like all bloomin day) sickness is atrocious and with my illness I haven't been up to doing too much around the house the past few weeks. SO I feel guilty that I have gotten pregnant cos he is unhappy about it (I know it takes 2 but it doesn't feel like that at the moment), I feel guilty that I have been so ill I have been useless around the house and I feel guilty that unlike my other 5 pregnancies (2 mc's) I am not jumping up and down over the moon.

Has any-one else had these feelings? I am so worried hubby will not come round and will never treat this baby the same way as our three monsters but I can't even consider the A word and he knows that.

Hi hun

We tried for this baby and when I got my BFP I was totally in shock, what I have I done, and my OH is not really happy about it as he is worried about money etc. Its only been 2 weeks since our BFP and both me and my OH are slowly coming to round. Im sure you and ur OH will come round, just wait till u can feel baby etc. I think u should just wait and try not to worry about things Im sure it will be fine.

I didnt relise I was pregnant with my 1st and used to drink and do other naughty stuff and I was so worried it would effect her, I now have a bossy independent 4 yr old :rotfl:

Im sure things will be fine hun :hug: :hug:

Hiya Mik :hug:

I know how you feel hun, i have just found out i am pregnant with my 4th baby too. It certainly wasn't planned i was on the pill too and antibiotics must of stopped it working. I was due to start uni in september and because it was a nursing degree i couldn't start so have to wait a whole year now.
My husband isn't best pleased either but i explained that a termination would psychologically scar me for the rest of my life and after telling him that if i was made to go through with it our marriage would be over he soon got his act together!
But things still feel a little strained and he isn't 100% happy - its more a we will have to deal with it attitude which still upsets me a bit.
In my belief we are given a baby for a reason, even if it doesn't fit into our plans, hope or dreams at the time the joy that they bring into our lives is worth it all.
I am sure that once the baby arrives your husband will love it just as much as your others.

Try not to worry yourself xxx

Thanks, it is nice to know I am not alone in not feeling overjoyed about it all (yet). I am happy about it when I think about it but I seem to spend so much time worrying about his reaction that I don't have time to think about it. God I sound screwed up don't I? :rotfl: :rotfl: usually I am quite normal honest.

I'm another one with an accidental 4th baby on the way! We are a bunch of fertile girls eh?! :wink:

I'm sorry your OH is having a tough time getting used to it but it is still early days and a lot to get used to. My OH is happy about the baby but totally unsympathetic to how knackered and ill I feel. :sleep: :puke: Probably cos it's not a novelty anymore. Also, at the moment there is no outward evidence of the pregnancy so I'm sure he forgets, whereas I can barely think of anything else! :)

Hope things improve soon. By the way, think we have similar due dates. I'm due 8th March. How old are your other kids?

I am due 8th March too lol my others are 8,5 and 4 they will be 9,6,and 4 when baby arrives. I am a bit nervous about this as well as we deliberately had our 3 close together and now this one seems to be so long after the others. They will all be in full time school when baby arrives though so I will have plenty of time for naps :sleep:

:cheer: congratulations on your pregnancy :cheer:

I do hope your hubby comes round, and im sure, in time, he will do.

it does take TWO to tango and so you shouldn't feel guilty - accident's happen, im sure this baby will be loved by your hubby as much as your other three children. just give him a bit of time.

:hug:

Hi Mik

I'm not surprised your feeling worried and perhaps not as excited as you have been with your previous pregnancies. As well as worrying about the medication that you were taking in early pregnancy, your also worried about your husbands feeling with regards to this pregnancy and on top of that your feeling lousy all the time. Perhaps your husbands has the same worries and concerns that you have?? He probably needs a bit more time to accept this pregnancy, it's your body that's going through all the changes so it's on your mind all the time, whereas he's not having to think about it all the time as it's not his body going through all the yucky feelings and so on. I'm sure once your baby arrives your husband will have come round and love it just as much as your other 3. :)

Just try to take things easy and pray that all is ok at your 20 week scan, it all sounds like it's well from your dating scan

Good luck :)

I am due 9th April by my dates but could change! My hubby's birthday is 8th march though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back