• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sprite Zero

Lilmoomin

Reaction score
Morning Ladies

Hope your all well!

Quick question - Sprite Zero, is it bad for baby?? I was sick of just drinking water, so thought I would try some, read on the can it has no caffeine, no sugar, no artificial crap......so its ok right?? Hubby thinks not :(.....what do you think?? Is he right?? x x x x

I don't think the occasional fizzy drink will do any harm. Before i got pregnant i rarely drank many fizzy drinks but i seem to have a bit of a craving for fizzy vimto atm. Plus i'm sick of drinking juice and water. Everything in moderation i say :)
xx

only thing would be artificial sweetners maybe? some say a lot of aspartame isn't good but then it's in loads of the food we eat anyway. What about bottles of fizzy flavoured mineral water?
I'm still having the occasional diet coke :)

Thanks ladies......It does contain artificial sweeteners (aspartame & acesulfame k) :( I am drinking a maximum of 3 cans (330ml) a day! Should I try and drop down to one a day? Typical cos I've found something I like other than water! :( lol x x x
Oh also will it show in my urine when the midwife tests it?? x x x

I don't think that fizzy drinks are good for you at all but i do still have them occasionally as a treat. I don't think that they will do harm to the baby, think of all the women who still drink alcohol and smoke, but i think they should be drank in moderation. If i were you i would definitely cut down but it's up to you at the end of the day hun. xxx

Yeah I think your right Dee, I am going to just try and have one a day and sip on water again the rest of the time. I just wish I could find something that our bump likes (other than water) and I can drink loads of! x x x

Aspartame is bad for you and baby, its only in diet/sugar free drinks. i'd try and go with normal sprite. I suppose one every so often shouldn't be too bad

:)

I'm glad I've read this. I've been drinking caffeine free d coke for ages. Will def need to cut down!

xxx

Pos, are you drinking the zero one or the normal?? If I drink the normal, all I can taste is sugar!
Thanks Littlemiss, guess its back to water again :( x x x

I found this article about Sainsburys not having aspartame/chemicals in their own brand drinks -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-450254/Sainsburys-takes-chemicals-cola.html

Also found this -

Ribena original - ONLY the original blackcurrant flavour has no aspartame - other flavours contain aspartame whether sugar free or not!

We have only found very few so far that are Aspartame-free (not that we drink much as none are any good for you!):
Original Coca-Cola
Original Sprite (ie not diet)
Tesco Premium Lemonade (with 3% Sicillian lemon juice) Thanks

https://www.shopholistic.co.uk/view_doc.php?view_doc=68

Thank you Littlemiss! I cant believe the stuff that its in besides drink! Sadly bump is not a fan of Coke & I have never liked blackcurrant :( I think its back to water for me (at least its calorie free!) Thanks again x x x

I avoid Aspartame at all costs..........it's a seriously nasty chemical and hopefully may be banned soon.

It affects my Lupus pretty badly too.

All 'No added sugar' drinks probably have Aspartame in them, personally I'd rather go for natural sugars and have less!!

ATM I'm enjoying Elderflower cordial and sparkling water!!

Last edited:
I tell you what's tasty hun.. Ribena and lemonade mixed.
Practically makes a fizzy drink! In fact, any juice with lemonade tastes yummy. xxx

Thats one of my fav drinks - ribena and lemonade. I love orange juice and lemonade too.

I'm craving bitter lemon at the moment and drinking quite a lot of it. Can't drink normal water and fruit juices, as bizzarly, they make me feel sick. I know it's not the best thing to have for me or baby, but the way I see it, I don't smoke, I've given up alcohol completely (which I find hard), I have practically given up caffeine (which I find even harder), I'm keeping all the rules about foods to avoid - surely being a bit naught in one area won't affect the baby in any horrile way. That's just my personal opinion, though, and obviously everybody has to make up their own mind about things like that.

I'm craving bitter lemon at the moment and drinking quite a lot of it. Can't drink normal water and fruit juices, as bizzarly, they make me feel sick. I know it's not the best thing to have for me or baby, but the way I see it, I don't smoke, I've given up alcohol completely (which I find hard), I have practically given up caffeine (which I find even harder), I'm keeping all the rules about foods to avoid - surely being a bit naught in one area won't affect the baby in any horrile way. That's just my personal opinion, though, and obviously everybody has to make up their own mind about things like that.

As long as the bitter lemon doesn't have aspertame in it then you dont have anything to worry about!! aspertame is just as much cancer causing as smoking, its disgraceful that its in so many drinks/foods.

Well I was in Tesco Express last night & was looking, a lot of the drinks contain it! I looked at Ribena (ready made) and yep it was in that, so picked up a bottle of Oasis only to find that contains it too! I give up :( looks like I will be sticking to water..............I wonder if milkshakes are ok? Will have to look (crosses fingers!) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back