Sorry but thrush in pregnancy - what to do??

Lyonsb

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Sorry to come straight out with it but hey, that's what this place is for right??

The past couple off days I noticed that I didn't feel right 'down there' and now I've noticed that it's quite cloudy when I go to the toilet so I'm thinking it's thrush. BUT I don't really know what we are and aren't allowed to use whilst pregnant. I haven't really got the chance to go to the doctors this week but would obviously like to try and clear it up asap. Perhaps I'll just keep drinking lots of water for the timne being to flush it through?

Any advice?

Thanks!

Brooke x x x

hi i have this really bad too
i went to the chemist and got some canesten cream
which is fine to use in pregnancy, i am off to the docs today
as i cant cope with the pain and itching anymore

oooooooo i hate trush, i had it when preg with DS and the gp gave me the tablets that you put up there (sorry cant think what they called :oops: got morning head on) They worked really well though. Go to the chemist and talk to someone there.
Hope that helps a bit hun

In the past few months I have been on 3 rounds of antibiotics so I have had it really bad and was getting green goo from there :oops: I went to see a nurse and she did swabs and told me it was just thrush (don't worry I don't have any std's lol)
They prescribed me a pessary but you may need to still use ream with it too. You just have to be careful how far you put the pessary up there.

I was wondering whether just the normal canedten combi or whatever is ok to use. I didn't know whether putting a pessary inside was ok or not but it seems to be fine. I guess they just advise visiting the doctor to rule out other things then...Oh I hope I don't have it for a while like it sounds like some of you poor things have had it... Whoever thinks pregnancy is glamerous is deluded haha!

Thanks girls!

Brooke x x

I had thrush. It was acxtually only picked up when I went for my 16 week consultant appt and I mentioned to the nurse that i was getting a bit sore down there. She said it looked like thrush but as I didnt get any swap results back for weeks, I bought over-the-counter treatment.. a pessary and thrush cream.. it worked wonders. It's all cleared up now and hasn't come back. You dont need doctors advice to use the pessary and the thrush cream although if you have had a bad reaction to thrush cream in the past then consult your doctor.

It'll clear it up in 24-48 hours.

Hope this helps.

:hug:

BTW Lyonsb.. are you staying team green or will you be finding out sex of baby? I'm giong to guess that it's a girl.. I had thrush and mine is a girl.. and there was a post in this forum a few weeks back about ladies being preggers with girls and getting thrush alot..

..just thought I'd make the first guess! lol :lol:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back