teenagers smoking

glitzyglamgirl said:
I think its easy to say these things Dionne when they are young and the boundaries you need to set in place arnt as major, but as your kids grow and you need to set more and more boundaries you realise that its not good enough to just let them go and do stuff so they dont feel left out,

being the eldest of 5 i am pretty clued up with older kids, its the stage right now that my 13 and 15 yr old brother and sister are going through.so i dont think i am nieve at the moment just because i dont have older kids myslef, i think its better as i am still younng so know how it works with younger kids,and its fresh in my mind from when i was going through the stage.

frangelle said:
Xena said:
Sex is a bit different, because it can't kill you, although of course I would not be happy if she started having sex underage.

!

Unless they get AIDS...???

true...damn hadn't thought of that doh....okay that's it, I'm packing Lydia off to a convent lol.

Xena said:
true...damn hadn't thought of that doh....okay that's it, I'm packing Lydia off to a convent lol.

i went to a convent school and here I am, 20 with a 10mth old!!! :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl:

mummykay said:
Xena said:

i went to a convent school and here I am, 20 with a 10mth old!!! :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl:

did I mention it's going to be a convent with bars on the windows surrounded by a 50 foot wall? lol

dionne said:
but then i would hate my child to be left out and get picked on because they dont drink, so i would let them have 1 bottle off alco pop, so they still get to fit in with their friends. but be sensible about it by having nothing else. i think you need to give and take in these situations

So you's let them have 1 bottle of alcopop so they don't feel left out?

Would you let them have 1 hit of smack so they didn't feel left out too?

skairdykat said:
dionne said:
but then i would hate my child to be left out and get picked on because they dont drink, so i would let them have 1 bottle off alco pop, so they still get to fit in with their friends. but be sensible about it by having nothing else. i think you need to give and take in these situations

no because that would be a bit OTT wouldnt it. :roll:

if my sister is good anough to go to my mum talk to her about how all her friends drink etc then i think its fine for her to have 1 drink and know that is far anough.
my mum knows where she is and what she is drinking, she dont have to stand outside shops and ask strangers for booze and get really drunk

dionne said:
skairdykat said:
dionne said:

no because that would be a bit OTT wouldnt it. :roll:

if my sister is good anough to go to my mum talk to her about how all her friends drink etc then i think its fine for her to have 1 drink a

nd know that is far anough.
my mum knows where she is and what she is drinking, she dont have to stand outside shops and ask strangers for booze and get really drunk

I agree Dionne! I was always allowed a bacardi breezer, and I never stayed out drinking outside shops etc!!! I am going to do the same with my kids, they can have a drink at home, at least then I can monitor what they are having...

I don't think you can really compare an alcopop to smack :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back