Some blood this morn. Do I need anti-D?

Lynds77

Reaction score
Just got up and went to the toilet and when I wiped there was a few streaks of blood. Wiped again and again a few steaks. I don't have pain or anything.

I have A- blood group and need anti-D injections and have first one booked for 28 weeks. But as I am bleeding should I get one now?

I might just have overdone it yesterday on the cleaning and DIY front so I am not panicking yet. Am waiting to see if there is more blood before I start to panic.

Not felt bubs yet this morn though, so off for a cold drink and a poke ...,,

Hi, best thing I can tell you to do is ring your emergency mid wife number
I have had a little bleed this morning (not down to cleaning tho) : (
My midwife told me to ring labour wars and I have got to go in this afternoon to be checked over and have a blood test done to check to see if there has been any cross over of my blood and babies blood
I am also A-
I'm sure all will be ok the midwife was really reassuring
She said I'll probably have to go back tomorrow fort anti d injection early x

Ring your MW or maternity unit hun, no point waiting!

They'll be best to advise you hun although I am sure it's nothing to worry about - if they do need to see you at least you can get the ball rolling?

xxxxxxxx

Thanks Lizy. Will go call them now. Just don't want to make a fuss over what could be nothing! Husband on the golf course too, he is panic if I call him to meet me at hospital!

You're not making a fuss at all best to ring MW and a cold can of coke to wake it up in the meantime ;) xxx

If your midwife is anything like mine she would want to to call an get things checked out! Always best to be safe and reassure yourself :)

Hi it is always best to get checked out cos bleeding anytime in pregnancy needs investigating, gd luck hope all is ok xx

I'm sure all will be ok x
I'm heading off to hospital myself in an hour
Let us know how you get on and don't worry x

Lynds my midwife said I needed to get anti d if any amount if bleeding, ull be fine but get the anti d xx

thanks Ladies, called Midwife and she said to come straight down to the hospital. and I am back home already!

they listened to babies heart first of all, a stead 152bpm so all good there. Then they took heaps of bloody to check my anti-bodies and said the would do " a full blood count" what ever that is. They did the usual blood pressure and urine tests, all ok.
So had to wait a little bit for consultant to come in and they did an internal exam. Cervix still tightly closed and they couldnt see anymore blood inside so all good again.
They did say there was a lot of white discharge inside, which could be thrush and that could be the cause of the bleed. So they have given me a pessary to use tonight and will send the swab off for testing. Am no even itchy though?

got to go back in a 10am tomorrow for the anti-D injection which I am a bit confused about, as I thought I would only need that if my blood shows anti-bodies? Originally the nurse said I could call in later for the blood results, and if needed I could come back down.
But the consultant later said results wont be back until tomorrow and i need the injection regardless!!
I'll just as I am told but a little confused!

but all is ok, and husband came in half way through in a blind panic fresh from the golf course and is feeling really bad cause he had his phone on silent! haha.

hope everything ok with you too Lizy. xx

I really should re-read my posts for mistakes before I post them!

Well that's a fab service! Glad ur home and all ok, now don't be over doing things x

Oh and happy v day for yesterday!!!

thanks MrsV

yeah I am quite lucky, that is twice now I have need to go into my local hospital and twice they have been amazing. Also very lucky that I only live up the hill from the hospital!

i really cant fault the care I have been receiving at all.

glad everything is ok with you and baby xx

Hi Lynds,

Glad you and bubs are ok and sorted, I'm O- and if it was me I'd have got the anti D anyway to be on the safe side. :)

xx

Glad everything is ok for you hun
Not so lucky me in still here for the night
Quite upset but trying to keep my chin up : ( x

Hello I am A - and have had the anti d injection ever time I have had a bleed in all about 3-4 times ,last time I had a anti d cause of knock I had and still need the 28 week one the next day the midwfe told me u can never have enuff ant d x

Just seen this chick

Glad the hospital was fabby, and that everything is ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back