Anti D

Francesca26

Reaction score
So i went for a midwife checkup today and got told im blood type O neg so will need an anti D injection. I know why i need the injection as she tried to explain it to me but what difference will me needing these injections have on my labour. Also, is it a horrible injection?

It's fine hun. I also need anti-D (as I did with my first too!), the injection itself is no worse than any other. Also, it has absolutely no bearing on your labour or any other aspect of your pregnancy really. When the baby is born depending on the LO's blood type you may need a further injection but apart from that it is pretty much business as usual. Good luck :)

Thanks for the info. She did say tht with any more pregnancies i have i will have to have it again. Slightly paniked me though when she said "50 years ago some mothers and babies used to die from having different blood but nowadays with the anti d injection its ok". Also, she said to go in if i bang my tummy at all, even if it doesnt hurt, to get an extra injection there and then.x

The risk comes from your blood and the babies blood mixing (if the baby has a different blood group that is) because of your body building up antibodies against the babies blood. So any bangs or bleeds and you will need the anti-d apart from that they give you an injection at 28 weeks and after delivery if necessary. Nothing else about your pregnancy changes because of it though. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back