Some advice please

clarep1905

Reaction score
I got a very faint positive test last Sunday, the day af was due.. As it was so faint I carried on taking tests, which got ever so slightly darker but nothing like it should be. I tested again this morning and there is barely a line so I'm pretty sure I'm losing it. Is there any point in phoning the Doctors or do I just have to wait for it to happen? The only thing that is worrying me slightly is that I've had a niggly pain in my left hand side for a while so I'm worried about ectopic.. Should I just call the Doctors anyway for advice? Thank you xx

I'd let the doc know. I'm my experience it's best they log any mc on their records just in case your one of the unfortunate ones who suffer recurrent miscarriage it means you'll be seen faster

Thank you. .Spoke to the Docs and they've referred me to the EPU to have bloods done..Just waiting for a call back..

Thinking of you Clare, hope you get some good news x

I got a very faint positive test last Sunday, the day af was due.. As it was so faint I carried on taking tests, which got ever so slightly darker but nothing like it should be. I tested again this morning and there is barely a line so I'm pretty sure I'm losing it. Is there any point in phoning the Doctors or do I just have to wait for it to happen? The only thing that is worrying me slightly is that I've had a niggly pain in my left hand side for a while so I'm worried about ectopic.. Should I just call the Doctors anyway for advice? Thank you xx

When I told my Surgery the triage nurse just told me to wait for a bleed. Good luck with your blood test, I hope it's good news, maybe you have low levels of hcg. Just to add when my lines went faint the one night I had really bad left sided pain in ovary area. I think it was the corpus luteum, something happening to it when I lost my bean. x

Last edited:
Thank you everyone..the EPU didn't call today so I'm hoping they'll call tomorrow. .I'm pretty certain I know what the outcome is going go be but I suppose it's worth checking my bloods just to see..
Lillith I've had the pain since about a week before af was due..its like a stitch pain..after googling I convinced myself it could be ectopic .Luckily it's not been as bad today though..Just want to know either way now as it's horrible just being in limbo!

Thank you everyone..the EPU didn't call today so I'm hoping they'll call tomorrow. .I'm pretty certain I know what the outcome is going go be but I suppose it's worth checking my bloods just to see..
Lillith I've had the pain since about a week before af was due..its like a stitch pain..after googling I convinced myself it could be ectopic .Luckily it's not been as bad today though..Just want to know either way now as it's horrible just being in limbo!

My pain only lasted one night in bed, next day my test was negative, I think mine was the corpus luteum dying. I would definitely get it checked out hun.

Being in limbo was just awful, especially when I knew I had lost my bean, the worst bit was waiting to bleed, it took a while and I just wanted it over quickly, it was final closure for me. I took loads of vitamin C and raspberry leaf tea to try and bring it on. The bleed was really upsetting for me. Hugs to you, I hope you get some answers asap. xx

Last edited:
Thanks Lillith.. Yes it's the not knowing that's worse and as you say, waiting to bleed..its a nightmare every time I go to the toilet.. I'm too scared to test again so I'm just going to wait for the EPU to call now, hopefully it will be today so I can get some answers. .thank you xx

Thanks Lillith.. Yes it's the not knowing that's worse and as you say, waiting to bleed..its a nightmare every time I go to the toilet.. I'm too scared to test again so I'm just going to wait for the EPU to call now, hopefully it will be today so I can get some answers. .thank you xx

How did you get on Clare ?, did you hear from epu ?. xx

Hi Lillith,

Yes, sorry I posted on another thread.. They did an internal scan today and took bloods. They couldn't see a pregnancy on the scan..They searched for an ectopic for ages.. The lady thought she could see something tiny next to my ovary but couldn't be quite sure. My HCG levels were very low at 76. So I've got to go back in on Sunday for repeat bloods and possibly another scan Tuesday. They've put it down as a pregnancy in an unknown location. I've accepted it's not going to progress but I'm scared it's going go be ectopic and my body won't recognise it and then I'll have to have an injection which means we won't be able to TTC for 3 months which at my age isn't the best! Thanks for thinking of me x

Hi Lillith,

Yes, sorry I posted on another thread.. They did an internal scan today and took bloods. They couldn't see a pregnancy on the scan..They searched for an ectopic for ages.. The lady thought she could see something tiny next to my ovary but couldn't be quite sure. My HCG levels were very low at 76. So I've got to go back in on Sunday for repeat bloods and possibly another scan Tuesday. They've put it down as a pregnancy in an unknown location. I've accepted it's not going to progress but I'm scared it's going go be ectopic and my body won't recognise it and then I'll have to have an injection which means we won't be able to TTC for 3 months which at my age isn't the best! Thanks for thinking of me x

There is still hope Clare, you are so early in pregnancy that nothing would show up on a scan anyway. Those bloods sound ok to me, not that im an expert as I'm guessing you are a week or so late for af ?, which technically makes you 3 weeks from conception, 5 weeks from your last af ?. xx

Last edited:
Hi Lillith,

There is still hope Clare, you are so early in pregnancy that nothing would show up on a scan anyway. Those bloods sound ok to me, not that im an expert as I'm guessing you are a week or so late for af ?, which technically makes you 3 weeks from conception?. x

Well I think I'm 5 weeks..I ovulated on the 14th I think and my cycles are normally approx 32-34 days so I calculated that to be approx 5 weeks..The hospital kept telling me I was 6-7 weeks because my last period was on the 26th of October but they weren't taking into account that I ovulated late. I think its the fact that my pg tests never darkened loads and do seem to be fading now that is making me think its not progressing.. If its not, I just hope it happens naturally without the need for medical intervention.x

I've started bleeding this morning. . I've had a good cry but I know this was the best outcome if I was losing the baby..
Can I ask ladies that have been through this, how long did you bleed for? Did it just feel like a normal period?
Thank you xx

It can vary a lot. It depends how far along you are and how your body reacts. I had a very early loss with only about 3 days of my normal light period bleeding but after my 10 week loss had weeks of heavy bleeding. At your stage probably expect something like an extra heavy period that is a bit longer and more crampy than normal. 5 weeks is early enough that it shouldn't be too huge a deal physically. Really sorry for what you are going through. Hugs.

Last edited:
Thanks Bunny..Yes that is what it feels like today.. Sorry to hear of your losses xx

Hi again my love, I am so so sad and gutted to see you here, but relieved it is at least happening naturally for you. Mine was at around 8 weeks and all happened naturally and was like a super heavy clotty period, with stronger period like cramps, just a bit longer than my normal period but not by much. I did ovulate slightly later than normal (but again not by much) but I do remember spotting brown for a few days before I got the following period. Hopefully and most probably your body will treat it like a delayed heavy period and resume from here to start your next cycle. I would treat today as CD1 and could track your next ovulation to try again (might OV a tad later or even around the same time you normally do), although drs normally recommend we skip this cycle and try again in the next one (from my understanding we allow our bodies to take their time to build enough lining this way, although a lot of girls have fallen pregnant successfully and healthily straight after a miscarriage without waiting for the next cycle after this one). Ironically they say we are ultra fertile for the next few (4-6) months following a m/c as our body is already geared and prepped for pregnancy. I reckon they'll want to take bloods from you every few days next week to ensure hcg drops naturally which will confirm all clears with no need for intervention xx

I am so so sorry you are going through this my lovely, I wish I could do something, anything to take this experience away from you, please know it is completely normal to feel whichever way you're feeling. And you are not alone, on the contrary. What helped me back then was knowing I wasn't alone, I took some comfort in that, and amongst my sadness and grief I was in absolute awe of what we, women, go through and what our wonderful strong bodies and minds and hearts manage to process, cope with and come out of in the end. Take it easy and look after yourself, let hubby spoil you xx Sending so much love and hugs your way xx Here for you when you need me, pm me anytime if you feel like talking to someone :hugs:

Last edited:
Thank you so much Rainbow.. Yes it just feels like a heavy period with strong period like cramps. It just does feel like a period, it's all very strange, Almost like it never happened.. Yes the hospital said to still come in to have my bloods taken on Sunday then I guess 2 days after that.. I do think this is the best way it could have happened..I would have hated for medical intervention and possibly having to have delayed TTC again . I'm in 2 minds whether we should start again straight away or wait a cycle..I guess see how we feel after this..
Thanks again for all your support, you have been so lovely xxx

I've started bleeding this morning. . I've had a good cry but I know this was the best outcome if I was losing the baby..
Can I ask ladies that have been through this, how long did you bleed for? Did it just feel like a normal period?
Thank you xx

I'm so sorry to read this Clare, I was hoping you were a slow to rise hcg. Take time to grieve, I couldn't stop crying for weeks after my loss.
My bleeding was really heavy for 2days, lots of clots and what looked like ewcm mixed in, then the af just trailed off a few days after. It has made my afs since very heavy, not sure why. Sending you a hug, take care of yourself. xx

Thank you Lillith.. I knew it was going to happen, I just had a gut feeling from the start that it wasn't right. Yes it's still quite heavy today but the cramps are much better. I'm ok generally but then I'll find myself just suddenly welling up. I'm so lucky I have my little girl to keep me occupied.
Thank you for your kind words..I'm sorry you went through it too xxx

Hi, your story sounds very similar to mine. I had right sided pain at exactly 4 weeks pregnant. That went away, but paid for a private scan at 7 weeks and they couldn't find a pregnancy. I went to epu and they found 2 areas in my womb and something in my tube.
Whilst they were doing 48hr bloods I started to bleed naturally - like you, this is the best option, compared to the other options for a possible ectopic.

unfortunately, it hadn't gone smoothly since.
I went back for another scan and something in my tube had doubled. They prepped me for surgery until my bloods showed hcg was still dropping. Once hcg levels were zero, epu didn't want to know (I wasn t pregnant anymore, not there problem!), so I had to fight to get referred to gyne as something in there was growing!
I had another scan a week ago, and it looks like it may be a cyst on my ovary....just waiting for a consultant appointment to discuss. My worst fear is that my tube is damaged. I also haven't ovulated since I've my fertile period now so temping to see if I am going to ovulate.
It's the not knowing that's the worst, but my advice is to push for more scans, to make sure everything has cleared.
I'm sure you won't have any further problems, but better to be safe than sorry.
You are not alone, and we are always here if you want to vent!
Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back