need some opk help please

Carr87

Reaction score
hi all, im currently on cycle day 8 possibly 9, i have been using opk's for 2 days now (simply because this is 1st month ttc after mirena removal so i dont know what cycle length ill have etc) there was no line yesterday but thismorning i had a very faint line and now thisafternoon i have a slightly darker line, its visibly darker but still faint compared to control line. iv had a look at other ppls opk pictures and mine are similar to some of the fainter positives. my question is when sould we BD? i realise that i may not have had my surge but i also dont want to risk missing it! we BD last night, not for nececity but because we felt like it lol any advice is muchly appreciated xxx

Last edited:
Hi hun,

If you get a positive OPK, it means you will be ovulating the following day so thats the best time to BD.

Some girls do SMEP (which in basic terms is where you start using OPK's from CD 10 and use them everyday, and you BD every other day. then when you get ur positive opk you BD that day and the following 2 days (so 3 days in a row) you then skip 1 night and BD one more thas day after)...alot of people like using this method as it kinda covers every angle so makes it hard to miss ur ovulation, though it can be tiring.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask as many questions as you want. you may be better to post in the TTC section rather than here though as if the others are anything like me i tend to jump straight to that rather than here

FX for you xxx

Hi carr

If it's getting darker then you may find yourself with a +ve opk tomorrow, that's what happens to me anyway.

After you get a +ve opk, you will usually ovulate within 12 to 36 hours.

I would aim to BD on the day of the +ve and next 2 days xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back