So, yesterday went ok...

jarjar7

Reaction score
...the mean friend who bought her baby had to go home after about 45 mins cos he would not stop crying and wouldn't settle cos of the heat, although she did manage to get a couple of 'this is what being a mother is like' digs in beforehand...the other lady with the kids didn't show, one of the PG one's didn't show and the other pregnant one didn't even mention being PG and left after an hour or so...the girl that had the MC was fine too and we ended up realising we're in exactly the same position with TTC, if anything she's more desperate than me to get PG...so all in all I had a good day!! Lol...
xxxx

Hi Jarjar. Am glad it's out of the way and result sounds really good. You now have a friend in the same position as you and can bolster each other through such social events :)

Are you sure the woman with the crying baby was making digs? It sounds to me like she was saying "this is how awful motherhood can be!" My best friend makes comments about 'motherhood' all the time, I know she doesnt mean to hurt me (am envious of her as she had a one who is 18 months and is shortly expecting her second), what she says all the time is "I love them but wait as long as you can! It's exhausting. Have fun first". If her baby wouldnt stop crying she probably meant that as well. I know how easy it can be to be oversensitive.

On that subject I recently had a family party with my husbands siblings, who all have kids, he is the only one who doesnt yet out of four, and I was dreading it, my husband after a few drinks tells them we have been trying and they all said they had loads of trouble! I had assumed that his family were all super fertile and the problem was more likely me but his sisters were wonderful and said they had tried for years to get pg with every child and his brother revealed they had suffered a couple of miscarriages we didnt know about. I was v suprised, you never know what people have gone through even if they seem to have it easily.....

Clem xx

Thanks Hun...I agree with you about being over sensitive but I cant explain it, its the tone she uses when she says these things...I know she doesn't say them with any malice but she uses the tone of 'I'm going through this and you're not' kind of thing...Its also nice to have found an old friend going through the same thing as me, what with the TTC...I'm now looking forward to meeting up again!! Lol...funny how things turn out isn't it?
xxx

She is probably only says those things because she is jealous of you hun, I mean you get to sleep all night, your body is still your own and you can come and go as you please!! If she knows you are trying to conceive and she says those things then she is just a spiteful woman!!

Great news about having a ttc buddy x

Yeah she knows I'm TTC hun, that's why it gets to me so much...xxx

Hi Jar Jar, what was this that you had? a meet with several friends ?

Sounds like the one with the baby was feeling awkward at her baby screeming the whole time, and was making those comments like that as she was struggling to sort her baby in the heat - don't worry.

I think the other preg lady was being lovely and sensitive to you two , (you and the MC lady)
Which is really nice JJ X

I am glad you had a good time Hun!!! X x xx

Yeah JJ, it was a reunion type thing, I posted a thread about it on Saturday...I was really nervous cos it was turning into a kiddie club type thing...

Thanks Smess, it was really good in the end!

xxxx

So glad it turned out allright and you made a new friend, people often only let you see what they want to let you see, your stupid friend was probably just being mean coz she didn't want to lose face.

Yeah probably, she kept saying her Mum had let her down cos she was meant to babysit and this reunion was quite a big deal for us all so I think she just felt bad...she stormed off to take him home without even saying goodbye to half of us! xxx

Just proves what kind of person she is! Rise above it, hun. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back