How do I get through tomorrow?

jarjar7

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, just after some help/advice/ears to listen to a slight rant!! And sorry for what will probably become a long post!
Basically, tomorrow me and some friends are having a reunion type thing, we were once a group of 6 then some of us fell out but we have kind of made up over Facebook and are all meeting up tomorrow. However, one of the girls is 4 months PG, another one is bringing her 7 month old along, one of the girls had an MC a couple of months ago and my closest friend who is coming has 2 kids. I also found out this morning that the girl who is bringing her son along has also invited another one of her PG friends who I dont really know and there may be another girl there who I have never got on with and she will be bringing her kids...Now, the girl who is bringing her son keeps having slight digs at me about the fact I haven't fell PG yet, saying things like 'tell him to put it in the right hole tonight' etc and this morning when she phoned me to tell me her other friend was coming is wasn't just 'Oh, my friend is coming tomorrow' it was 'Oh, my PREGNANT friend is coming tomorrow'...I am just dreading it now cos I know its going to turn into such a 'kiddie' day and I dont know how to get through it...my OH has told me to leave and just meet him and his mates if it gets too much for me...I just dont want to have to talk about me and OH trying and also be reminded of the fact I haven't got my baby yet whilst they are sitting there talking babies and running after their little one's... :-(

Oh Jarjar, isn't it hard enough being around pregnant women when ttc, why do some people have to make it worse by being so tactless?! :-(
Chin up, our time will come soon :) Xx

Thanks hun...hopefully I'll be ok tomorrow...just want to get it over with to be honest! xxx

Oh hun, tbh she doesnt sound like a very nice person, i would have told her to shove it where the sun doesnt shine and wouldnt bother going!!Like your other half said go and meet him if it all gets too much for you!If she was a true friend, she would have a bit more tact xxx

I think if she starts on about it tomorrow I will end up saying something cos I'm on edge about it all as it is...my closest friend that is coming has also said that if she says anything she will tell her to watch her mouth too so at least I'll have some back up I guess...To be honest I think we are only still friends cos we've known each other about 25 years...we have grown apart over the years but still stay 'friends' cos of the history from growing up together... xxx

What a mean person if she even thinks about mentioning it!I really hope it goes ok for you Jarjar, please let us know how you get on xxx

Hope it goes ok, it's amazing how horrible some people can be. I remember once being at someones birthday party and there where loads of girls there with their babies. At that point I have had 2 MC's and after the last one we had been trying to get pregnant for 15months.

Then someone said to me in front of everyone that it's strange that I don't have a baby allready, and then said that surley I must feel jeleous of all the girls with babies. I wanted to just run out of there, I had to use all my willpower not to start crying. Some pople just don't think before they speak up :shakehead:

Good luck for tomorrow, hope it's not going to be as bad as you think!!

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies, I'll let you know how it goes...Wish me luck!
It is so horrible the way some people can be...its bad enough people saying 'When are you having kids then?' cos we have been together so long but when people you're meant to be close to start doing it too, its not nice...
xxx

:hug: Hope it goes ok for you tomorrow. I'd say something too if she does say anything else. I can't believe how insensitive some people can be :(

How rude - Im sorry that you have to listen to things like that, some people are deliberately insensitive to the point where they almost gloat. I would give yourself a time limit and then if its going ok then stay a bit longer, if not then make like a sheep and get the flock out! :hug:

That's ridiculous Jarjar, it's not like you get a win a baby cos you're better than the next person! What about the poor one who had a miscarriage, she's not going to be looking forward to it much either. Fancy making someone feel bad coz they don't have kids yet. Let us know how it went, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back