so worried

K&A

Reaction score
ive just arrived back from midwife appointment and i have protein in my urine. The midwifes going to send it off for testing and i explained that ive been getting headaches and she said she's going to send a midwife out to me on thursday.

im so worried as i just read about pre-eclampsia which is proteib in urine and headaches is a symptom of this.. It doesn't sound good, scary actually.. It speaks about kidney problems and placenta not forming properly and it can be very threatening

has anyone else had this problem?? I can't stop worrying x

oh hun i didnt wanna read and run but my suggestion is try not to work your self up until you get some answers xx

Don't worry too much if you have got it worrying will make it worse - how is ur blood pressure? If you have it it's more Likely ur bp will be high - also I have had protein in mine a few times n I'm ok try not to worry I'm sure she would have sent u hosp if anything too worrying x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hun i would wait for the results dont do too much reading as itl just stress u and baby out so dont risk it....just drink plenty of fluids, cranberry juice, barley water, plain water fresh fruit and fruit juices....hugssxxx

I often had protein in my urine, I also have high blood pressure so was very closely monitored but didn't develop pre-eclampsia. Is your blood pressure high? Do you have any severe swelling? Flashing before the eyss? Those are the other symptoms to look out for. I would try to relax until you get the results, but if you do develop any other symptoms make sure you let someone know ASAP, I'm sure all will be fine though hun :)

I agree with everyone above. Was your bp normal?? Have you had any trouble peeing like burning or itchiness?

my bp was normal midwife said its same as always, i don't feel like i have any urine infection, no sign of swelling that ive noticed.. Just alot of headaches. I guess your all right i shouldn't read into it until i get the results back x

am sure all will be well good luck xx

i have protein in my urine quite often when i'm preg, don't worry about it too much probably is just a urine infection, the protein in my wee is the only symptom i get of them so i have to wait between midwife appointments and am constantly on antibiotics lol

Hope its nothing serious, try not to worry too much :( xxxx

try not to worry lovely easier said than done!! the internet is a nightmare tho when you start looking up things
really hope its nothing serious xxx

My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl a month ago and had the headaches due to high blood pressure and had the protein in her urine sample too they just took her in three weeks earlier and kept an eye on her. She was told it was early signs of pre eclampsia and gave birth by section to a beautiful healthy baby girl. I'm sure everything will be fine but like everyones says ts easy for us to say. Hope everything goes well and just wait to see what they come back and say. Hugs and good thoughts to you.xx

thanks girls. I just want my little boy to be safe. I hate waiting for results grrr. I will keep you all updated and let you know when i get the results x

Hope all is ok honey x hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back