Protein in urine

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

At ante natal yesterday they found I have protein in my urine aswell as a harmless chemical which shows up if you are hungry when the urine sample is taken. I had to go wash myself and collect another mid-stream sample for them to grow at the lab. The results could take up to a week to come through so obviously I'm worried.

I know that protein can be a sign of pre-eclampsia but my blood pressure was normal and I have no swelling in my hands, feet or face.

I would like to know if any of you have experienced the same thing or have any knowledge of protein in urine and what it can be an indication of other than pre-eclampsia. ? Maybe a harmless urine infection?

The midwife didn't seem too concerned once she had checked for swelling and taken my blood pressure but I am still concerned, as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Look forward to reading your replies.

An anxious Lou :)

(oh and I'm drinking lots of water to hopefully flush out any infection I may have in my urine before it gets any worse.)

:)

Hiya Lou

Dont worry to much hun, as Ive had a trace of protein in my water on a couple of occasions. If you have not got high blood pressure and swelling then they dont seem to worry, then it may just be something as simple as you have a slight urine infection or the sample got contaminated in some way.

:0)
Ragna xx

Thankyou Ragna.

I was starting to think that it was really unusual for protein to appear in urine when nobody replied to my post so thanks for taking time to reassure me :)

I am still feeling fine and I'm drinking lots of water still to flush out any nasty's from my bladder. I'm hoping it was maybe just contamination like you said.

I will post the results from the hospital as soon as I get them.

Lou :)

I had protein in my last urine sample and my midwife said it is most probably caused by some CM getting into the sample.

Cheers Kim

Fingers crossed thats all mine will be. I've been so careful since I've been pg to look after myself. I eat all the right foods and drink water and keep myself clean etc so I would be surprised if the protein is anything nasty.

Baby is still wriggling like a worm so at least I know he is ok!

Lou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back