So upset

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Don't know if it's hormones or I am genuinely upset. Tried to arrange me birthday next month with my friends and they all have excuses not to come!
One of them finished uni last year so haven't seen much of her for the last 3 years. She's got money to regularly go out on the piss but not to see me (no doubt if I was going for a night out drinking she'd be up for it!) and another one is 'working' I would always take a days holiday for my friends birthday. I had one person say to me that they would come!
I hate birthdays and I'm sick of my 'friends' attitudes, I don't actually remember the last time one of them text me to see how I'm doing and one of them has a baby so knows exactly what I'm going through!

Aww hun, I hate trying to organise birthday and things so much so that I don't bother anymore and that was before I was pregnant! I think I would be really upset though. I find I'm a bit of an after thought now I'm hoping once LO is here it will be better x

:hugs: that's definitely not hormones!!
I really feel for you bdays are a special time and your friends should be there for you.
Hopefully your anti natal classes etc will bring you more friends with the same interests ( not just going out on the p) xxxxx

I spend my birthdays with family now as I get same problem! I have different interests to my mates since I met my husband I am not interested in clubbing etc! It's there loss :hug:

think u need to find some mummy friends,

i know its hard but u need to understand why theyre not interested or rather less interested, tbh they prob wud rather go out on the piss every weekend, i wud imagine its not personal at all, theyre just in a different place from you :hug:

give them a couple of yrs when theyve settled and i guarantee u get close agasin xxx

I agree! Just got a 3 month wait lol! I was thinking about going to a bump and baby group when I'm on maternity leave so I can meet everyone before I've got baby and distracted by him! (also find one thats either not full of 40 y/o women or 15 y/o girls)
Probs feel worse today coz OH was working away last night so been alone all night :|

My best friend the only one that bothers now has two kids a husband and a cat and dog lol

my friends are the same but are also busy too with work and everything. my cus is organising my baby shower so was hopind they would come, people who i barely see are coming and people who i really want there are like i might have work and ill see if i can get it off, which i know is a no. one of them whos said that is a health care assistant at harley street so i know its all go for her. the other one is the one who i said i would go round but got caught up with my mum and she hasnt contacted me much since. x

:hug: how disappointing hun. I appreciate that they now have different nights out planned from you for obvious reasons, but one day out of a whole year isn't much for you to ask :hug: I hope they learn the hard way when they have their own children and realise how mean they've been (maybe not intentionally by the way) by making you feel so isolated x

That is really frustrating. Have you told your friends how disappointed you are about their attitude? I have to say I grew apart from quite a few of my old friends during my 1st pregnancy, but then made loads of new friends who also had children after the baby was born - maybe this is just one of those things... Doesn't make it any easier at the time, though, I know. Really sorry they are not being more supportive of you. We'll definitely have to have a massive birthday celebration for you here on the forum! What day next month is your birthday? I'm also an October birthday!

Pinky I like looking at your fruit ticker, it lets me know what fruit my baby is as well :rofl:

Yup, my friends have become rubbish as well. I think its because we cant drink, it's not exactly a fun night out. The other thing is that when we were trying to concieve (and we were trying for over 2 years) I did kind of avoid my pregnant friends. I feel awful about it now but at the time the idea that they might talk 'babies' all night was enough to really upset me and I didn't think I could handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back